PDA

View Full Version : finalRender Stage-2 for Maya Videos!

Michael-McCarthy
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
They are UP!

Take a look at these super cool feature videos showing finalRender Stage-2 for Maya. You can see many of the new features as well as the incredible intergration and workflow.

http://www.cebas.de/products/images/fr_stage2/feature_video.jpg (http://www.cebasusa.com/finalRender%20Stage-2%20for%20Maya/finalRender%20for%20Maya%20Stage-2.html)

Click the image to see the Videos. Flash is required

ZippZopp
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
awesome!! i've got to get this renderer

Menesis
08-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Lol, that MUST be the same voice as in the 3ds max promo's on the autodesk site :D

ThirdEye
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Nice features but the speaker's making me sleep.

Michael-McCarthy
08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Nice features but the speaker's making me sleep.

Sorry guys. Ill try to Punch it up next time. :P

SheepFactory
08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Very impressive features indeed. Looking forward to checking this out.

ThirdEye
08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Sorry guys. Ill try to Punch it up next time. :P

No problem, but aren't many of those features 3 years old? I thought fR had MTD, 3D motion blur, HyperGI and HDRI already in stage-1.

Hoppergrass
08-30-2006, 12:42 AM
even with 5 render nodes it seems slow?

JHV

Jozvex
08-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Mmm very interesting!

The motion blur features are nice, the before-or-after bias and that 'more artistic mode'. The render passes also looks great.

lllab
08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
well third eye, i depends on the speed. stage 2 ist fast than most things out there.
also under DR it is very fast...

great cebas team, looks promísing.

cheers
stefan

ThirdEye
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
well third eye, i depends on the speed. stage 2 ist fast than most things out there.
also under DR it is very fast...

i'm not questioning the speed, i'm questioning the features, i have some old Siggraph demo's by Cebas that were showing exactly the same features: fR materials (metal and glass), MTD, HyperGI. And they're at least 3 years old demos, if not 4 (gotta countercheck).

Michael-McCarthy
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
No problem, but aren't many of those features 3 years old? I thought fR had MTD, 3D motion blur, HyperGI and HDRI already in stage-1.

Wow where to start. Of course Stage-1 for 3dsmax has many features like this but brining them to Maya was no easy feat. None of these features are 3 years old but have 3 or 5 years of development and innovation behind them, and many of them have been rewriten from the ground up. Also HyperGI is not the flicker free Gi engine in Stage-2. We have introduced a new GI engine (AQMC) for flicker free, and generally super fast GI. This is a brand new GI engine that has been thoroughly tested in many large productions studios. Finally, Stage-2 is an entirely different product and renderer then Stage-1 in the sense that it is completely stand alone.

A stand alone renderer offers huge advantages in speed, stability, and pipeline integration. Normally all of these great attributes are severely offset buy the fact that most standalone renderer’s integration is a joke. Its ether super hard to use with many unfamiliar tools, or maybe has ONLY its own shaders or materials, or only supports a few features.

With finalRender Stag-2 we have really worked extra hard to bring you the speed and stability of a stand alone renderer and integrate it as much as possible in the application itself.

Thanks

Michael

lllab
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
it is not hyper GI, that is adaptive QMC- a totally different and much faster and very beautiful I method...

adaptive QMC is very new, it was introduced in stage2 for cinema
cheers
Stefan

ThirdEye
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Wow where to start...

...With finalRender Stag-2 we have really worked extra hard to bring you the speed and stability of a stand alone renderer and integrate it as much as possible in the application itself.

Thanks a lot for the clarification Michael, that's exactly what i wanted to know :)

fahr
08-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Where can I find more definitive information on this renderer? Of course price is a major consideration. Especially how much this will cost per node. Other than cost, the single biggest question i have for this is will there be a mac version, or more speciifcally, a Universal Binary for the mac? My studio is multi-platform at the moment, but we are becoming more and more mac-centric by the day and wont even consider a purchase if there is not a mac version.

lllab
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
the price is not per node. you have 10 distributed rendernodes included.
only for non distributed netrendering of full frames you need extra licenses...

cheers
stefan

CaptainObvious
08-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Is there a mirror somewhere. It's loading at something like 15 kB/s, which is way too slow for my patience.

Michael-McCarthy
08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Where can I find more definitive information on this renderer? Of course price is a major consideration. Especially how much this will cost per node. Other than cost, the single biggest question i have for this is will there be a mac version, or more speciifcally, a Universal Binary for the mac? My studio is multi-platform at the moment, but we are becoming more and more mac-centric by the day and wont even consider a purchase if there is not a mac version.

Checkout the full feature list at the main webpage at : finalRender Stage-2 for Maya (http://www.cebas.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=52)

bluemagicuk
08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
the price is not per node. you have 10 distributed rendernodes included.
only for non distributed netrendering of full frames you need extra licenses...

cheers
stefan

That is a real shame ... i guess ill be sticking with mental ray and turtle then.

maxx10
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
nice videos!

can you use HDRI for the environment with the physical sky?

Michael-McCarthy
08-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I think there is some misunderstanding here about licensing.

finalRender is Per node. You need one license per Machine with up to 4 cores/cpus.

Each workstation license gets 10 DR nodes. So you may use 10 cores/CPUs one image at a time, with DR. This is also combinable. So if you have 2 workstation licenses you can use 20 cores/CPUs with DR.

For full frame network rendering you must have a Render farm license per node. These licenses start at $595 and go down to $195 a piece, depending on how many are purchased.

I think you will find all these numbers to be highly competitive and in most cases much cheaper then other stand alone renderers.

Thanks

Michael

:)

lllab
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
yes thats what i meant, sorry michael...

cheers
stefan

bluemagicuk
08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
yes thats what i meant, sorry michael...

cheers
stefan

Yes thats what I gathered from your first post Stefan. I checked the site to be sure. So from what I gather ...

You buy one maya translator $995 and this gives you renders on one pc with up to 4 cpu cores and you can distrubute a range of frames to up to 10 cpus on 10 different pc's if you want.

But for me to use the other 2 dual core machines i have to work together calculating a single frame all at once (full single frame network rendering) + (totall of 6 cores) I have to buy another 2 final render translators for $990 to be able to distrube render a single frame amongst all 3 pc's for super fast interaction.

Not bad for £1042.38 I suppose.

Not a bad price but not one I can afford right now I should have said.
Perhaps when I get a quad core with amd's next line up due early next year and after I have tested a demo.

For full frame network rendering you must have a Render farm license per node. These licenses start at $595 and go down to $195 a piece, depending on how many are purchased.

By node do you mean core, cpu, motherboard or pc? Sorry if sounds like a stupid question.

It is just that I have spent many hours on mental ray satellite with results that I expected to be better and I dont want to make the same mistake again. Whether through my own ineptitude or software/hardware. Just look at the maya forum I am not alone in that one.

Michael-McCarthy
08-31-2006, 09:23 PM
By node do you mean core, cpu, motherboard or pc? Sorry if sounds like a stupid question.

This is also one licence per Computer with up to 4 cores.

Thanks
Michael

MaxL
09-01-2006, 02:18 AM
can you use HDRI for the environment with the physical sky?

Physical Sky is a procedurally generated sky light, if you want to use HDRI as image base lighting you can plug the HDRI map in the Simple Sky (using one of the maya's environment texture projections). The "Simple Sky" have just two options: color and samples. Color can be mapped with procedural textures, bitmaps or HDRI maps as well.

Max

lllab
09-01-2006, 12:03 PM
maxL

in cinema4d at least it works, just use a sphere with hdri, not casting shadows and the physical sky. so you get the "real sun" plus the light from your hdri

cheers
stefan

maxx10
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
maxL

in cinema4d at least it works, just use a sphere with hdri, not casting shadows and the physical sky. so you get the "real sun" plus the light from your hdri

cheers
stefan

yes, something like that... I've seen it in the maxwell demo, and it's pretty handy to set up your illumination via the physical sky and have an HDR map for the reflections...

sacslacker
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
But for me to use the other 2 dual core machines i have to work together calculating a single frame all at once (full single frame network rendering) + (totall of 6 cores) I have to buy another 2 final render translators for $990 to be able to distrube render a single frame amongst all 3 pc's for super fast interaction.

Hi, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you but if I am I appologize in advance. I don't think what you say here is correct. Check this out:

Lets say FR Distrubuted Render = Mental Ray Satelite

With the purchase of 1 Final Render translator, you can have 10 DR cpu's working on one single frame all at once for the price of $990.

If you want to network render where each machine is working on it's own frame, you would have to buy a network render license for each machine.

Basically for one license of Final Render, you get 10 satelite cpu's included.

bluemagicuk
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Sacclacker

Satelite render in final render is called full frame network rendering.

Additional licences cost is here - http://www.cebas.com/products/feature.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=52&FID=514

sacslacker
09-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Satelite render in final render is called full frame network rendering.

Additional licences cost is here - http://www.cebas.com/products/feature.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=52&FID=514

Hmm, all I know is that with my version of Maya Unlimited(Mental Ray), I can use 6 satelite CPU's to render ONE FRAME for ONE LICENSE.

With my version of Final Render, I can use 10 cpu's (7 in my case) that I have to render ONE FRAME for ONE LICENSE. I even get the bonus that it is far more reliable than the crappy MR satelite. Ha!

Satelite rendering seems to be what they are calling Distributed Rendering based on the fact that they work the same. I know the additional costs because I own the software already! =)

yinako
09-02-2006, 01:04 PM
more videos please, maybe subsurface scattering...?

lllab
09-08-2006, 08:55 AM
just for the info, cebas count the cores as cpus, not the thing you buy when you buy a modern xeon cpu, this counts as 2 cpus.

so it is 10 single core cpus or 5 dualcorecpus or ....etc.

cheers
Stefan

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2006, 08:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.