PDA

View Full Version : Car in the ice ...

zzmadd
08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi all ..

I did this car in the last week ...
The interior is still missing .. but .. I quite like it ..

I like these cars from the 50s made in the us .. real luxury ...
Critiques are welcome guys ..

Eomer41
08-29-2006, 11:36 PM
The model is pretty good, but the headlights look too large. Is there a 50s car you looked at for reference for this model? What kind of 3D program did you use to make this? The ground looks a little bit like ice, but I think it can be improved. The black part of the car might need some reflections or specularity also.

Naseem
08-30-2006, 12:51 AM
yahe i agree though the ice ground looks more like carpet it needs more work.

zzmadd
08-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Well ....

thank you ..

The model is NOT a copy .. so the headlights are big because I made them big ..
Also the colour is not reflective because I made it not reflective ... if I switch on reflection then it becomes pretty much reflective .. this I know .. but I am not interested in that ..

I was more interested in .. building a completely matte shader with ambient occlusion all stacked in the environment channel .. so to have lighting of an hdr without raytracing and much faster ..

As for the ground .. I agree it would need more work ... I would like to know which direction .. I am faraway from being good with shaders

All in Cinema 4D, model & render .. no color correction that's just traight out of the render .. I'll finish this off with some other things in the next days and will post the image ..

zzmadd
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Here is an update of the "snow" ..
and some little twicks ..

njanim8tor
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Getting better. The ground still needs some material tweaking. Try getting some variation between snow and ice materials. Right now it looks too uniform.

zzmadd
09-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi there ..

car in the ice got to this point ...
:-) ...

still al lot to learn .............. :-) ......
but it's funnn ...

Critiques?

zzmadd
09-05-2006, 07:24 AM
One more ...
but then I stop and start something else .. :-) ..

Any critique?
Thanx ....... any way ..

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2006, 07:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.