PDA

View Full Version : Baking a camera Projection to a Texture.

ASW
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm using a projection node to place a photographic texture onto an object, I'm happy with its placement and I now want to finalize my texture in photoshop but for the life of me I cant remeber how to bake off the texture into file. Convert to file texture doesnt work, I'm thinking I could use the surface sampler, but that always degrades quality. I know theres a wat to do it but I cant remember it. Thanks alot for your help in advance.

ZippZopp
08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
i've never had conver to file texture fail to work....does it just give an error? did you make sure to select the shader with the projection and the geometry and then run the convert to file texture? you could also try mental ray's batch bake to bake out the texture.

ASW
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
It doesnt seem to right a new texture file, odd, here my shading network.

Smithjoe1
08-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Try using Mental ray to bake it, In the rendering menu set, Lighting/Shading, use Batch Bake (Mental Ray), set up some overrides and make sure you tell it to bake colour. Once its done, it will show up at renderdata/mentalray/lightmap

ASW
08-28-2006, 11:46 PM
I ended up using the surface sampler, but I imagine that baking would be a hell of a lot faster.

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2006, 11:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.