PDA

View Full Version : Image Planes / Rotoscopy scaling

skyPhyr
03-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Hi guys - I wanted to make images in the rotoscopy view scale as though they were attached to the grid.

I could do this in maya simply by not having the image plane attached to the camera. I can't find where to do this in XSI..

Any suggestions would be fantastic :-)

cheers,

skyPhyr.

Vic3k
03-16-2002, 04:33 PM
why whould you even use is. rotoscope and the one in maya are slow to work with. just create a plane, check the image high and width and enter the values to the plane devided by 10. then just uni scale to any size you want and the picture ratio on the plane will be exact as your picture. it's just faster this way. maybe it's my pc which i think unlikely coz i have 1.5ghz 500ram but rotoscope and the one in maya,when turned on and i try to zoom or move the view, everything kinda moves very slowly.

if i understood correctly try this:
there is an icon next to the eye icon when you have rotoscope on. press it and it fixes rotoscope in place. uncheck it, zoom in the camera or whatever and then press again...then in rotoscope use Z to zoom and move.
hope that's what you were looking for

skyPhyr
03-17-2002, 05:00 AM
Dumb question here - sorry - what do you mean by plane? Just any flat surface and texture it to see the reference image?

Cheers,

skyPhyr.

MrMunkily
03-17-2002, 08:45 AM
The problem with spped in rotoscoping here lies not in the process itself but is a silly problem that remains with most OpenGL accelerators. It's not *really* the apps fault becasue most of these accelerators are negligent in the OpenGL acceleartion when they render flat background textures. They just don't use the hardware, so everything gets laged down. just put the darn texture on a plane in the back and roto-scopulate away.

skyPhyr
03-17-2002, 11:32 AM
got it all working - thanks heaps for the advice.

cheers,

skyPhyr.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.