PDA

View Full Version : retiming problem

Aikiman
08-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Can anyone offer some advice on the following...I have compiled an animation with some fileIn nodes one of them being an animation from Maya. Everything looks great except now my client wants to cut down the time to half on the first part of it.

So I have doubled the retiming on a particular fileIn which is good except now my keyframing on the rest of the animation is out by 120 frames (5 secs). Whats the easiest way to move all my keyframing back 120 frames?

Cheers :)

gumparnat
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
You might need 2 fileIn. One for the first half with the cut-down. Then the second half you can use the fileIn node tree that you already keyframed, you can always slip the second fileIn node 120 frame in time view which should slip your keyframes as well. Use select node to join them together. Hope this help. :D

Aikiman
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your help but I'm not sure I understand you. As I have it I have several fileIn nodes that have effects applied to them and keyframed along the timeline that composite together at the end.

My only other choice is to move the inPoint of my altered animation forward 120 frames.

gumparnat
08-29-2006, 02:30 PM
I see... You can do that via the time view. There's a check box call Shift Curves that will shift your keyframes (curves) when you slip your node in the time view. You select the last node at the bottom of your composite tree (let say an Over Node). Make sure you have that Shift Curves highlight. When you slip that Over Node all the curves that associate with the Over node will move together along the timeline. :)

pgraham
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I had never tried it before but it seems to work...

You can use a TimeX node at any point in your comp. It will automatically retime all the fileIns, animated parameters, rotoshapes, etc above it. TimeX won't work right if you have already retimed any fileIns that feed into the TimeX. Also, you cannot have one retimed branch and one non-retimed branch coming from the same fileIn. Both of them will output a retimed image.

Just enter into the newTime parameter:
time+120
to make everything happen 120 frames earlier, or
time-120
to make everything happen 120 frames later.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.