PDA

View Full Version : James Bond like character (normal maps)

olivierth
08-28-2006, 01:03 AM
...A character I had started 4 or 5 months ago as a High Res project. I took a break because I wasn't too happy with the project and so I decided to simply finish it as a low res last week with normal maps. I tryed to make it as a primary character (lots of polys to make expresions and make him talk) It's not finished but it's still far in the project, hope you like it!

...Oh and I was inspired by a trailer of the next James bond.

4748 triangles = 2842 polygons
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c208/Olivier_Theriault/anatomy_65.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c208/Olivier_Theriault/anatomy_65Wire.jpg

Gamedev
08-28-2006, 05:49 AM
hes looking really good. Any chance we can get a real gun? :) You did an exellent job with the face defining muscles. Whats next on your todo list for him?

ts-falcon
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
wow this is looking p pretty damn sweet man. the only crits i can really offer are the monotone ness if the suit, it could use a little surface texture and contrast, the material looks realistic though. maybe just add some wear or something. the silohette of his head is a little bit onticable as low poly but with a little push and pull you could smooth that out. with normal maps silohete of the model is really the most important thing as the maps can add surface detail but can push the outer shape. cant wait to see more :D!

olivierth
08-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks all,

Gamedev: Yeah, I'll be doing a gun later (I just started at a new job so I've got less time for it). And.. eh.. "Todo list"? .. what's that?

ts_falcon: Well... right now the suit is just in a plan color and there's no detail in the face. But I'll try to do that later. And you said the head is in a "onticable" shape... what's that word? (I usualy speak french so... didn't get that part...)

ts-falcon
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
hahah my bad man, i suck at typing. i meant noticable, it looks a bit jagged and rough, the silohette should be smoother. :P

requiem2d
08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Awesome, little more detail would be nice on the texture. Apart from that, no crits :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2006, 10:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.