View Full Version : a flash site with character :-p

freddy7133d
01-26-2003, 06:40 AM
a flash site with character :-p
fun and interactive...:cool:

http://www.neostream.com/

Heber
01-26-2003, 08:56 AM
how many times are people going to post this site?

TheWriter
01-26-2003, 03:06 PM
The moving glare across the text is interresting. I was thinking of doing something similar before just wasn't sure how. Are you animating a thing angled box and using an alpha or mask system?
I think there are more realistic ways to do this, i'll have to think on it for a while.

Chappo
01-26-2003, 03:26 PM
It's just a simple mask :)

freddy7133d
01-26-2003, 07:28 PM
sorry rayfusion

didnt know some all ready did... :hmm: I can delet it if you like?

TheWriter: this not my site saw it one day thougth others would like to see it.....

ienjoypie
01-28-2003, 01:59 AM
yah it's just a mask

this is how i've done it before:

make sure you pick a text color that will show the glare well.

make 3 layers, put approximately 20 frames in all the layers.... you can really use whatever you want tho.

on your bottom layer, put your initial text, convert it to a movie clip, than copy it into place into the top layer (ctrl + shift + v).

In the middle create a rectangle with a linear gradient with the color settings - 0% alpha white, 100% alpha white, 0% alpha white.

Convert the rectangle into a movie clip and in the first frame put it to the left of the text, and in the last frame put it to the right of the text and put a motion tween on it.

then just right click your topmost layer and make it into a mask layer and ur set :D

psyop63b
01-28-2003, 04:31 AM
This site is incredible. All the transitions and animations are really well integrated. I even like the little beat-the-character-with-your-cursor game. The only thing I would like the site to include is a link to stop that infernal music! Maybe having the level fade as you get past the intro, and having an off button would make it a little nicer of an experience.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.