PDA

View Full Version : New Brazil r/s stuff

censored
01-26-2003, 06:06 AM
http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/b_tech.php3

Array
01-26-2003, 11:15 AM
holy crap that's great stuff!! take a look at this:

All of Brazil will be driven by the scripting language Orchid. Orchid will provide full RenderMan compliant shader support, plus extended Brazil specific shading features. Orchid will also drive Tiki, Echo, Banshee or any of the system components, so an entire new rendering system could theoretically be scripted.

begin drooling now!! :drool:

Christian Mir
01-26-2003, 03:12 PM
...and Splutterfish takes everybody by surprise with newer features and a stronger core system!!!

Iīve tested Brazil through all the open beta testing period and now I plan to buy it.

The Brazil R/S strongly seems to be the most solid route to the future of 3d rendering. Its quality is INCREDIBLE!!! and I donīt work for Splutterfish.

Hey guys keep an eye on it.

tsuru
01-26-2003, 04:07 PM
It's a shame it's still tied to a windows only app. Especially with all the render farm attention Linux/Unix is getting. There are some business decisions that just seem obvious.

mlykke
01-26-2003, 11:03 PM
tsuru

Check the FAQ... http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/faq.php3

Will Brazil run in maya, lightwave, xsi, rhino, [put your app here], etc.....
We hope Brazil will eventually run on many different platforms and within many different applications. Whichever direction Brazil goes, there will have to be a demand for it. Brazil will have a full API for integrating it with other packages so it will be possible for other software vendors to make their applications Brazil friendly. If you have a particular application you would like to use Brazil with, make sure to tell us about it and make sure that the creators of that application also know your interest in using Brazil with their application.

Will there be a standalone version?
Very likely.

BrandonD
01-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Brazil is still, hands-down, the best software investment I've made as a freelance 3d guy.

somlor
01-27-2003, 12:22 AM
It's a shame 3dsmax is so damn expensive. :annoyed:

standalone, multi platform availability (ie: Linux), Renderman compliant shading language, true displacement and I'll shell out the cash ...

(s)

ZeBoxx
01-27-2003, 01:37 AM
I agree, Stage One (http://www.stageone.org/site/home.asp) rules! :thumbsup:

Khepri
01-27-2003, 08:02 AM
well I am looking very forward to this year, it will bring us great new tech and more eye-candy as a result :drool: .

<offtopic>
Dukeofhasard:

Stage one rulez!
ok Final REnder Stage 1 Rulez

lol the first totally useless comment on cgtalk!

get a thread with your own news!

P.S. was it worth creating an account for?
</offtopic>

mlykke
01-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Hey Duke... you can make a fR-1 news post when more news about it surface. Or heck even post about it when its released.

:)

LuKa
01-29-2003, 10:13 AM
How the heck do you know that Stage1 rules?? It's so late that people are really wondering if it will ever come out. And by the time it comes out it will be old stuff and some ancient technology. And this Cebas behaviour :thumbsdow :shame: :D :annoyed:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.