PDA

View Full Version : dvGarage EI Modeller version?

Martin Kay
08-26-2006, 02:09 PM
As well as upgrading to 6.5 recently, I also got the dvGarage version purely for the modeller, which as a package is a great deal. I think the Modeller version is the one that went out originally with EI 2.9. However with all the stuff that comes in the dv package is the Modeller Vs4 manual. I'm wondering why a version 4 manual is included with a 2.9 version modeller?
(The 2.9 manual is there also...)

Martin K

bearthw
08-27-2006, 06:10 PM
As well as upgrading to 6.5 recently, I also got the dvGarage version purely for the modeller, which as a package is a great deal. I think the Modeller version is the one that went out originally with EI 2.9. However with all the stuff that comes in the dv package is the Modeller Vs4 manual. I'm wondering why a version 4 manual is included with a 2.9 version modeller?
(The 2.9 manual is there also...)

Martin K

As far as I remember, the last Toolkit Modeler was roughly v4 of EIM, but I think there might have been a few slight differences. It's definitely beyond the 2.9 Modeler, but perhaps lacks UberMesh (I think that was a 3.0 or 4.0 addition).

It was all a messy time, including Animator that had some of 3.0, but not all of it.

FYI, DVGarage shouldn't be selling the EI Toolkit - it's a shame that they continue to do so. While it might benefit us as users, it shows badly on DVGarage, I think.

--Bear

Martin Kay
08-27-2006, 10:44 PM
As far as I remember, the last Toolkit Modeler was roughly v4 of EIM, but I think there might have been a few slight differences. It's definitely beyond the 2.9 Modeler, but perhaps lacks UberMesh (I think that was a 3.0 or 4.0 addition).

It was all a messy time, including Animator that had some of 3.0, but not all of it.

FYI, DVGarage shouldn't be selling the EI Toolkit - it's a shame that they continue to do so. While it might benefit us as users, it shows badly on DVGarage, I think.

--Bear

Well, surely they must have had an arrangement with EI to do so in the first place. The original format of dvGarage has long gone/been abondoned- its just seems to be selling tutorials and libraries of maps now. Obviously that was the original idea... The original price for the Toolkit was $199, now selling for $99, a total giveaway. I don't feel too bad about it as I paid for the whole shebang from Vs 2 through Vs 3 on the Mac anyway (I'm totally PC now)

Martin K

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2006, 10:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.