PDA

View Full Version : LW object import scale

The-G-Man
08-25-2006, 03:39 PM
When importing LW objects into view I noticed that the textures are way off. It's a scaling issue. Anyone please know what the correct scaling factor is?

IvanB
08-26-2006, 03:11 AM
hi there
I have had this problem along with many others...What you have to do is create uv maps and bake the image, vue doesnt like LW uv's so you have to export as .obj and resave as .obj using uvmapper and the uv's fit better in vue....This is the result before using uv mapper..(check image)..(the pink object is after uv mapper).Lw 9 allows for uv's to overlap which will fix my problem I hope...

The-G-Man
08-26-2006, 08:22 AM
hi there
I have had this problem along with many others...What you have to do is create uv maps and bake the image, vue doesnt like LW uv's so you have to export as .obj and resave as .obj using uvmapper and the uv's fit better in vue....This is the result before using uv mapper..(check image)..(the pink object is after uv mapper).Lw 9 allows for uv's to overlap which will fix my problem I hope...

Many thanks Ivan. I'll try that.

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2006, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.