PDA

View Full Version : analog & lcd

(B-HOLM)
01-26-2003, 01:35 AM
just wanted to ask if it's possible to have an lcd monitor and an analog monitor and put them together as a dualmonitor?
an answer would be really nice since I plan on buying a new (lcd) monitor and if the dual thing was possible then I would just connect my old one with the new monitor I'm getting.
BTW I'm using a gf4 TI4600 with one dvi input and one agp(?) input.

*I tried searching on this but here came so many different threads, there's I decided to make this thread*

Bradf0rd010
01-26-2003, 05:39 AM
If you have either

1.)Two video cards.

2.)One card that supports dual head.

Then yes.

CRT monitors always require VGA (15 pin) connectors and TFT desktop panels can typically use VGA, and now in most cases DVI.

You can connect a VGA connector on the monitor to a DVI connector on the card using a simple adapter.

Gyan
01-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by (B-HOLM)
just wanted to ask if it's possible to have an lcd monitor and an analog monitor and put them together as a dualmonitor?

I'm currently doing this.

I've a Leadtek Winfast A250 LE TD. It has one DVI output (hooked up a LCD) and one VGA(HD15) output (hooked up a regular monitor).

(B-HOLM)
01-26-2003, 11:06 AM
do you have different sized monitors or do they have the same size? I was just wondering since I dunno if it would be ok to buy a 15" lcd and use it with my 17" analog, or is having the same resolution on the monitors the most important?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.