PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Tree

shonuffwork
08-25-2006, 04:57 AM
So i'm new to vue and was wondering is it possible to make a tree that has hanging fruit on it, say like oranges or something. Looking at the plant editor I can't seem to find a way to make it work, where i can add a geometric shape under the leaf nodes.

Thanks in advance!

Caine777
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
You most certainly can. :) Simply (well...) change the leaf material to an EcoSystem material and populate it with the fruit objects of your choice.

bsm3d
08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Good Idea ! I will try that's kind of Eco !

bruno021
08-31-2006, 03:04 PM
there's even a free orange for you to download at Rendo's Vue free stuff section.

shonuffwork
09-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Ok so adding an ecosystem would be interesting. Never thought of that. I guess the big question is can u easily add more leaf systems to the existing trees? Since it appears you can't really "make trees from scratch" but modify existing ones. I've looked at most of the trees and all of them only seem to have 1 leaf structure to them... and there's no add that i can find. This is obviously with limited working knowledge at this point.

additionally when i add the ecosystem to the base leaf i'm not really sure where to apply the textures back to the leaf.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2006, 04:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.