PDA

View Full Version : need help

mutombo
08-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Anyone know how to achieve this kind of background here my reference building are done but i need to do the sky how to achieve it in max sorry can't speak english very well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/mutombo9890/btlv_others013.jpg
Thank you very much.

artistx
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello Mutombo. It appears that you are new to this forum. Although clouds can be modeled, I think they are procedurally rendered through particle fx more often than not. There isn't a Particle FX area on this site, but you may want to post you question in the 3ds Max area and the Lighting and Shading area. I wish I could directly help you with your question. Sorry.

Soverign
08-25-2006, 10:54 PM
hey mutombo, I have a quick fix for you to get a somewhat similar sky effect, but I am sure there are much better ways to make that sky, especially if you want the overexposed effect as well.

Still, you could play around with this idea until someone who knows a little bit more comes along: try using a bright, tannish volume light with alot of large, darker (cloud) noise, and then rendering the light seperately from the buildings and compositing it in an external editor. Hope this helps some, good luck...

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2006, 10:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.