PDA

View Full Version : write on

boomji
01-25-2003, 07:41 PM
hey dudes,
is there a way/work around for animating strokes in the paint module..i.e having it(stroke) grow/reveal itself.e.g a write on effect.
DF has this kind of thing and afx does it too.
ideas ???
thanx
b

Chris
01-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Theres no automatic way to do it afaik, Theres a tutorial on Discreets support site on how to do it by drawing a motion path for particles to follow which looks like your text.

In my opinion, it would probably be just as easy to do it manualy, ie paint the text out in reverse over time & then reverse it. I've done a few write on's (and a complex logo, on of those 'drawn by a kid' kind of logos) that way & it doesnt take anywhere near as long as you would think... :shrug:

If you can sit your way through a newtek demonstration of lightwave at your local dealer, they will give you a free copy of AuraDV which has a stroke recorder in it.

GrantKay
01-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Hi,

The tutorial that Chris is refering to can be found at:

http://www.discreet.com/support/combustion/faq/answer.php3?prod=combustion&id=1011

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

boomji
01-26-2003, 10:54 AM
u dudes are awesome u know !!! :thumbsup:

actually it's not for writing text on/off.Just a general functionality of having your strokes apperar from nuthing.
but thanx anyway for the heads up.

chris:read your post about using selections and stuff to mask your effects affect(DF had this a long time back)...and about using your noodle and stuff hehe.
U really getting good at this...using your noodle ;).
chris looong noodle :scream:
thanx again
b

xmb
01-26-2003, 02:19 PM
what a pervert avatar, boomji!
:p

boomji
01-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by xmb
what a pervert avatar, boomji!
:p ...yeah why dont u just ssuuclick it :scream:

yeah found it on www.tunedout.com
funny and grizzly stuff there.

Chris
01-26-2003, 07:30 PM
LOL :D it's funny, thats what the girls always say too, I'm good with my noodle...... :buttrock:

:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.