PDA

View Full Version : Project and Choreography getting corrupt Steps.

marcopio
01-25-2003, 06:32 PM
I need your help. I am using ver 9.51e and I am having problems with the Project and Choreographies files (attached). My latest project is the Message969.prj and Messages969.cho files.

1. They keep getting corrupt and/or every time I save and exit the project and/or A:M and open up the project again, the objects in the scene like "Shortcut to Light Over Tabernacle" gets moved to the floor and the properties of this light get lost like the Fall off property (15 cm is what I set it to before saving). This property gets reset to about 500 cm once I close the project and reopen.

2. After a inserting 7-9 objects in the Choreography, I want to insert other objects, they can bee seen in the Project Workspace, but in the Viewer I can see the box around the objects but the objects do not render nor can you see the splines of the object in the viewer. If I open up that object, I can see it outside of the current project. One workaround I found was to remove the Wave file from Project, bring in an object, then put Wave file back in, but this is not really a good workaround.

I have tried 4 times now by starting over each project and Choreographies and I always get stuck in the following.

Please advise on what to do and I am also available by phone to explain further, I can even call.

You can download zipped up project from:
http://www.avantitec.com/Uploads/Messages969.zip

Peace in Christ,
Marco Napoli
http://www.ourlovingmother.org

Skevos_Mavros
02-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Well, I downloaded your project and got the same results in v10.d.. When I try to add another of your objects to the chor, it's bounding box shows up when I select it in the PWS, and it shows up in a quick render, but not in wireframe, shaded, or full renders.

Your work around, deleting the audio file from the chor and then putting it back, works fine in v10d too. But it's a pain.

I've tested it with a mono version of your wave file, along with a wave file of my own, same results.

Very odd - keep reporting it! Can you put together an example project that isn't 8 mrgs in size? Maybe hash never got your email as many email systems reject attachments that large.

I might report it myself, to help you out! And me! :)

marcopio
02-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi,

Yes, Hash did get my email and they asked me that they could not help me because I did not give them exact steps.

So I replied back and gave them the exact steps again.

1. Open Project,
2. Import Model
3. It does not show up in Choreography

I have not heard from Hash since them. They are just ingnoring the problems that I report, as always.

I am just fustrated. I would like to just be able to animate with a product that I paid for. To me its like false advertising, their product has serious problems and they are ignoring it.

sgross
02-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Following should be solved your problem.

First
If you have importet a model in the chor, you must move them in top of "Shortcut to message969" (select the model , and move it with the left mouse key pressed) . Then you would see the importet model in the chor as you have expectet . I think this is a problem with the soundfile handling.

The second problem is the "Shortcut to Light over Tabernakel" , this light have in his action duplicate keys . Remove the light from the chor , then insert it again (don't forget to move its over the soundfile) , and add the actions again , so the double keys are gone.
How you have get the double keys , i don't know while i cannot reproduce this error .

Kind Regards
Steffen

marcopio
02-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I will try your steps.

The Light over the Tabernacle is also a problem. It is suppose to be on top of the Tabernacle, but after saving and closing out project, then open it out again, the Lights is not over Tabernacle, it moves toward the ground. I have tried to fix this many times, even by starting new projects and animation, but same problems.

But, why can I import models in ok than after a while they stop showing up in the Coreography?

My fustration is that every time I start a new Project in A:M and give it another chance, A:M keeps failing and I get stuck and I need to do the project in another Animation Package.

no0ne
02-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by marcopio
I will try your steps.

The Light over the Tabernacle is also a problem. It is suppose to be on top of the Tabernacle, but after saving and closing out project, then open it out again, the Lights is not over Tabernacle, it moves toward the ground. I have tried to fix this many times, even by starting new projects and animation, but same problems.

as steffen already said, you got to delete the light from the chor
since it seems to have doubled keys
just put in the light another time
drag it above the wav-file
& rename it to light over t...
tried & it does stay over the t.

But, why can I import models in ok than after a while they stop showing up in the Coreography?

as steffen said (;
there seems to be a problem handlin models in chor,
when a wav-file is "above" them in chor-tree
just drag them higher in the trees hierarchie
& you'll see them as you'd expect

it sure is a bug & you should report it, but you did
so case closed? :wavey:

btw can send you the "tweaked" project
if you still have probs

marcopio
02-10-2003, 03:21 PM
When I tried to do the Light trick, my project gets corrupt once I save. The project file becames 1KB.

I have already tried a few time going back to my backup. I will try again.

sgross
02-10-2003, 03:53 PM
I have tested it again, and i have no problem with saving the projectfile .
I will send the changed project and chor to you .
So you can see, what i'm mean with moving over the soundfile .

Kind Regards
Steffen

marcopio
02-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.