PDA

View Full Version : trouble drawing sharp curves in PS with an Intuous3

Swordsman
08-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Forgive me if this has been addressed before but I'm rather unsure what I should search for. When I quickly draw a line back and forth on my Intuous3 I get this weird jump at the point where it curves (see pic). Not on every line but enough to mess with my drawing. I went into Painter and I don't get that effect so I know it's a PS thing. Also I'm using CS2. Anyone know what might be the matter or more importantly if there is a way to fix it? Thanks a bunch.

Whipyo
08-23-2006, 05:39 AM
Do you have smoothing turned on in your brush options?

blank
08-23-2006, 10:57 AM
hiya well your be glad to know that i can recreate your problem exactly by quickly scribbling with my intuos 3 in CS2 as well,
and i do have smoothing turned.

no idea how to stop it apart from scribbling slower but i'll have a play :-)

blank
08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
well my work mate gets the samew thing in PS 7 with his Intuos 3

frog
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Open the Wacom driver, select the "Tablet Mode" tab and you will see 3 options there. It's worth experimenting with all 3 to see which works best for you.

I find either of the "no dual track" options seem to work best, but it does depend on how fast you draw, one seems better for drawing slowly and one for drawing quickly.

Photoshop has no damping, unlike Painter, which is why the tablet jitters affect it so much.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.