PDA

View Full Version : How about more stickies and polls?

gra4mac
01-25-2003, 04:34 PM
I think having more sticky threads for major topics would clean up the forum and make it easier to find important ongoing topics. My suggestion for the main stickies are: tutorials + tips, help Q+A, WIPS, etc. I'm sure there are other imortant ones I've missed.

Also, I like the poll about documentation, and think we should have more. A poll is a good way to survey user opinions on specific topics and relay them to Hash. Other poll suggestions: Most pressing concern, "Stability, new features, ...", Again there are lots more posibilities, but my brain is still asleep. I wanted to get some discussion going to try to make sure the questions are direct, meaningfull, and inclusive before going ahead with a poll.

Ideas?

Cheers, Graham

zandoria
01-25-2003, 05:05 PM
I definately think that it's a good idea to keep some sticky threads to sort all of this stuff...

This forum is certainly much more active than the animaster list or the community chatroom this week!

Stychentyme
01-25-2003, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zandoria
[B]I definately think that it's a good idea to keep some sticky threads to sort all of this stuff...

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm new here,.... what exactly is a "sticky" thread anyway? I can see the icon, but I'm not sure what it means.

By the way, Will, thanks for that AM UV tutorial you posted on your site. It helped me a great deal. If you know any other AM secrets that haven't been docummented, please feel free to share!

:thumbsup:

penguinpavilion
01-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Graham Clark
Also, I like the poll about documentation, and think we should have more. A poll is a good way to survey user opinions on specific topics and relay them to Hash. Other poll suggestions: Most pressing concern, "Stability, new features, ...", Again there are lots more posibilities, but my brain is still asleep. I wanted to get some discussion going to try to make sure the questions are direct, meaningfull, and inclusive before going ahead with a poll.

Ideas?

I agree, I kinda went half cocked on that one, I didn't know if we could post polls or if moderators had to do it. I would like to volunteer to be the keeper of the polls. I would start a trhead that people could post poll ideas in, and we could kick the poll question, and choices, around a little before they are actuall posted. I think that polls should have an expiration date, maybe weekly? I also think it would be good to only have one, maybe two polls going at once, or can you post polls underneath a sticky?? That way we could have several polls, and they wouldn't clutter the top level.

Thoughts?

gra4mac
01-26-2003, 04:02 AM
Hey penguinpavilion, if you want to take this on, you are the man. I think having a weekly time limit is a good idea. Most people will probably vote in the first couple of days. You might find that the answers to one pole will raise more questions and lead to another. Probably good to only have 1 or 2 at a time. As far as sticky poles, I would assume so, but you need one of our illustrious mods to do that. Lets get started.

Cheers, Graham

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.