PDA

View Full Version : Help on recreating effect

MIN_ELLIOT
01-25-2003, 02:44 PM
I want to recreate the effect use in the intro sequence in the video game splitter cell where the frame animate into panels and rotates around transitioning into another shot (I hope I m explaining myself well)

tchook
01-25-2003, 03:05 PM
argh didnt play to splinter cell....

but it is like in a football game where the audience are holding
big cards ?
and then they flipping the card all together to reveal the back of the card.

my english is terrible today:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

tchook
01-25-2003, 03:11 PM
if it is...
try the card wipe plug in
i think it s in the production bundle since ae 5

if you got trouble using it (loooooots of params)

dont bother ask

c u

MIN_ELLIOT
01-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks I think that will work noe the part of trying to recreate it and get teh same kind of results

abd
01-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Although I am not familiar with this game I think I know what you mean. This is an effect that you see in broadcast work a lot and one that I really like.

One way to do this is by using the Track Mat keys in the timeline widow. OK here goes:

1. create a photoshop file making it the same dimensions as your comp in AE (720x 486 or whatever)

2. in Photoshop, create a series of layers(black or any other color), that when put together fill the entire screen-as if a single filled screen has been divied up into strips that are saved on different layers.

3.Bring the file into AE as a comp--not footage. Now UNDER each layer place a copy of the shot that you want to apply the effect to. Apply multiple copies of the same shot until each photoshop layer has a video layer benith it.

4. select the video shot and from the Switches/Modes column, select alpha track mat.

5. now wherever you place the photoshop layer, it will be filled with the underlying video! Do this to all the layers, then try animating the PHOTOSHOP layers. Add blurs, color effects and different scales to the VIDEO and you get some nice effects.

MIN_ELLIOT
01-30-2003, 07:11 AM
THAT IS IT :bounce:
know is there a script to animate everything uniformly or do I have go in and do it manually?
thanks again::thumbsup:
:

Abominable
02-09-2003, 04:33 PM
MIN_ELLIOT: Do you have a link you can post to see what effect you were working on? I'd like to see what you were pulling off....thanks
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.