PDA

View Full Version : EcoSystems - Population Presence Question

BoBoZoBo
08-22-2006, 05:49 AM
I just have a simple quation as to how the input of the "Presence" value modifyer works. I see that when I import an object to be populated.. the default value for presence is 1.0.

I am trying to populate an EcoSystem with 2 objects and I want "Object A" to be 30% of the Ecosystem and "Object B" to be 70% of the system evenly distributed.

If I want the above ratio, do I treat this 1 like the 1 in probabilty in mathematics? That is to say that if I want the desired density, do I put .3 (30%) for "Object A" and .7 (70%) for "Object B"?

I tried that but it does not look correct. How does this value work when multiple objects are inserted to the population.

Thank you for the help in advance.

JuanManuel
08-27-2006, 03:26 PM
It does work that way. However, you must also take into account other factors like their size, if you have the decay near foreign objects turned on, avoid self intersection, and so on

Caine777
08-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Another thing to try if it doesn't look "right" to you, is to change the density. Also, remember that you can set the density higher than 100. On vertical terrains I often use a density between 400 and 800%.

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2006, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.