PDA

View Full Version : Annoying patch mirroring & attaching problem

tobelius
08-21-2006, 06:13 AM
I've started to create a car with quad patches, but now I've got a huge problem:

Mirroring patch works OK, but when I attach those 2 quad patches, that patch which Im attaching turns like inside out, there's no any vertex's or edges showing, because the are all inside, the "material" flips? Why? how to disable this ugly feature? I hadn't this problem before, and I just installed this prog (3dsmax7).

Another problem comes when I'm trying to weld these two halfs after attach, I can only weld every other vertex's. Could it be cause that attach problem?

Please help me! thanks. :)

cryptosporidium
08-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Man, dont use patch modelling. Use quad polygons instead and then subdivide it. Patches, nurbs and similar are dead and dont have much support in max. And there is "Normal" modifier by the way that can flip mesh normals. But i dont know whether it works for patches too. Also there should be feature like "flip selected" inside the patch tools.

tobelius
08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Hmm, sounds good cause you say so :) But Ive never heard those, or atleast I cant use them, so could you tell me? thx

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.