PDA

View Full Version : Really Need a good modeling book for 3DS 7 (Please Help)

Ghostful
08-21-2006, 05:57 AM
I'm very new to 3ds max. I have version 7 so I was looking for some good books. I don't mind paying out for them. (Well, not an arm and a leg.) But I have found several but I can't find reviews.

1) Model Rig Animate with 3ds 7
-Is this any good. The character model that she's working with looks simple. Not that the principles can't apply, but I'm a 2d anime artist. In particular, I was hoping for a tutorial book that can show me how to use my 2d works as references and build on them.

2) Eva Wild series
This seems to be exactly what I need, but I don't know how reputable the online store is for it since I only saw it listed in one site.

I would really appreciate the help if anyone has any viable knowledge on the aforemetioned books. Also, please list some suggestions. I really need the help. Thank you.

AquilaTyranus
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Umm, I dont want to give you any bad advice here or anything (nor upset anyone selling books/videos for that matter) but there are lots of great tutorials here on this site you can use including the ones on 3dmax itself that show you step by step pretty much on how to model characters,creatures and any hard object mostly.

I just started using 3dmax like 2-3 weeks ago and hadnt ordered one of those videos or books, although they may help... I think I'm coming along on progress nicely. I wouldnt bother buying them just yet and I believe that if you give yourself more time playing with the program itself and going through the tutorials here, you may save yourself some money for the time being and learn alot more than you think.

The first few days are very confusing and frustrating when you start ( I imagine you know this or you wouldnt be looking for books) Just start playing with primitives and assigning textures to them,or watch these tutorials http://forums.ego-farms.com/ ( great guy here knows his stuff! )

but like I said, give yourself some time and have fun with it and if nothing comes of that THEN go for the books.

Gl and have fun!

jussing
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
For modelling, try the legendary Jeanne d'arc tut:

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp

- Jonas

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.