PDA

View Full Version : Questions about vue.

ThePriest
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm considering purchasing Vue and would like to know,

I've been a Max, Cinema 4d and Maya user for over 5 years, so my experience is high enough to take on-board more.

Is the learning curve steep for an experience designer?

How's the intergration via the bridge software into say Max or Maya?

What are the rendering times like for very heavy scene's, such as the ones displayed on E-on's site?

Is the base package quite basic? Or are there enough objects in the libary's to not have to spend more.

Thanks..

Tirjasdyn
08-21-2006, 04:39 AM
If you're used to lw or maya vue shouldn't be a problem.

With six you can even make the program look/behave like the software you are use to.

Rendertimes can be long but for heavy scenes....well you'd have to be more specific...cause a lot plants doesn't seem to take as long as other apps. I just went through the 3d world tutorial and was surprised how short the renders were.

bsm3d
08-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello,

I'm started with Vue 5 Esprit and after 2 weeks I update to Infinite, If you are hobby Esprit is good enough but If you are serious and want many little interface improvement (like layers, move viewport, Gbuffer,...) I suggest you directly go to Infinite.

About learning curve (I'm really confortable with CG software so...) Interface is build to easy start and go deep later ! perfect ! a dream to play with no such blocking manipulations liek in many 3D apps.

I definitly love it for this easy to use and pro features for CG artists and designer.

About Render time, wooowww Vue is a bit Slow but high quality result at output ! so be carefull when playign with render parameters because you can with a little change ad 10x time render !

So About Bridge I use Max and I'm old LW freaks with a bit of maya (what's blending :-) )

With 3ds max you have synch plugin for free who work very fine, for maya an dlw I do'nt know if there is one so you can add Xstream bridge to you 3D arsenal to get fully in-out from 3d apps like max, lw, maya, c4d, xsi with Vue ! I'ved heard that's a bit hard to really fine tune somes models but I never testing yet.

Objects libraty is more for (in my opinion) play, discover and render test, but there is a lots of objects coming with and extra cd with ready to use scenes, atmosphere, material,...all you need to start is include !

You also get $50 US voucher to cornucopia to buy free plants and objects...

Except high modeling you can do a lot of thing directly into vue ! and vue6 coming with more very powerful features to dream!

ReaphSharc
08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been using Vue 5 Infinite for about 2 weeks now and I must say it's fairly easy to comprehend. Sure, I've yet to learn many advanced techniques, but you can figure out most of the basics if you know a thing or two about rendering. With your experience, Vue shouldn't be a problem. It does lack advanced modelling, but it's easy enough to use software more suited for that and import it (like 3DS Max, Blender etc). You can make pretty nice things with the included primitives and using booleans.

Have fun with Vue, I know you'll love it! :thumbsup:

Wabe
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
How about downloading the demo and see how it suits you?

I think most of us were surprised what sort of images we did after just a couple of hours playing with the software. But of course we all are different - so test it and see. And tell us of course.

ReaphSharc
08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Just a quick example:
I made this in about an hour, using only stuff you get for free with Vue 5 Infinite and little experience in rendering with Vue.
http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_128/display_1275086.jpg (http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_128/file_1275086.jpg)

Tirjasdyn
08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Head over to 3dworld magazine and grab the infinite tutorial. (the file comes with vue5i but the tutorial you can download from there). I did this doing the tutorial, which gave me a basic overview of the program:

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.