PDA

View Full Version : Goddess, Robcamp (2D), (2D)

robcamp
01-25-2003, 04:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/25706/goddess_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/25706/goddess.jpg)

Title: Goddess, Robcamp (2D)
Name:
Software:

Gentle Fury
01-25-2003, 04:42 AM
holy freakin crap that is fantasitc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:lightbulb I see a plug coming on!!!!! :lightbulb

freddy7133d
01-25-2003, 05:12 AM
you do great work!
I put your tutorials up in the Compilation thread on this fourm..
hope thats cool... :D
anyway great work! hope you post more...:buttrock:

lildragon
01-25-2003, 06:01 AM
I have been extremely pleased with the new talents coming to the board, and you're second to none :thumbsup:

Can you shed a little light on this image? your references the thoughts behind it and so on?

You have received the CGtalk choice award . Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! very nice!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/award_jan_2003.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

lildragon
01-25-2003, 06:03 AM
I just checked your website, thats going up on 3dfestival.com :applause: I'm visually impaired now thx to you ;)

salud

Akuma
01-25-2003, 06:05 AM
holy crap... talk about good timing! im drawing a female character now and i was plum outta ideas for a position. damn this is inspirational! thanks for inadvertantly helpin me with my illustrators block! :beer:

Gentle Fury
01-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury
holy freakin crap that is fantasitc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:lightbulb I see a plug coming on!!!!! :lightbulb

man i must be psychic!

Nurb'd
01-25-2003, 06:10 AM
very "boris" and very well done

great color :applause:

pigwater
01-25-2003, 06:30 AM
first post and you make the front page an award and a spot in the Hall of Fame ..:eek: you're battin 1000%...congrats

beautiful work by the way:applause:

dmcgrath
01-25-2003, 07:26 AM

I see a lot of miss Bell in there as well. Nice job. good atomosphere.

piajartist
01-25-2003, 08:02 AM
NOT FAIR!!!! Too Damn good.

robcamp
01-25-2003, 08:10 AM
WOW! This board surely knows how to welcome new members!
I am flattered and honored of having received the award.
I wasn't expecting such a reaction, I honestly though my post was going to be kinda unnoticed as the artwork presented on these boards is of high caliber! Thank you all very much for your compliments :)

Anyway, to shed some light on this piece:

I created it for an upcoming book "Femme digital' from Ilex Press (UK). I wrote a lenghty tutorial for it that I plan to feature on my website soon.

As for my approach on the image, I started with a rough 2d sketch for the concept, then moved over to Poser to render a quick image: http://www.robertocampus.com/images/goddess_poser_render.jpg

Poser was very useful in helping me find a good angle for the pose and to help me out a little bit with the proportions for the body.

Then I moved on to Photshop where I started painting the figure on a separate layer, in greyscale mode. This way I could concentrate on the anatomy and the details. After that, I colorized the figure with the hue/saturation tool and the paintbruh tool. The hair was added ona separate layer, where I mostly used the smudge tool set on lighten to blend all the hair strands that I had first laid down using the regular paint brush tool.

The background was left very simple as I wanted to maintain the main focus on the figure (the tutorial had to be about how to paint the human body).

Anyway, thank you again for the great welcome!

Annuostivix
01-25-2003, 09:03 AM
I had no idea photoshop could do that, hehe. I did but still, it's incredible. Today I've seen 3 amazing artists, you, the guy who wants to be in blizzard, and I really liked this girl's work as well... She's got a portfolio at 3dluvr.com/ether I think. I loved her characters, but this is equally inspiring and impressive. heh it makes me all excited to see artists like this, one day I'mma be just like you. so yeah, later then, I'm glad I saw this.

Cube6
01-25-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm pretty damn impressed thanx for telling us the tips. I could very well use it. Great choice in colors man, as that is really important to me.

wesware
01-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Really nice work and attention to detail!
Gotta ask....a fan of Cyndi Lauper (picts on your site)? Just guessing. :)

Sevarf2
01-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Fantastic work. I'm shocked!:eek:
Your style remind me a Boris Vallejo works (my favorite traditional artist) and your technique is very original. Good work
I can't wait to see other your amazing work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WarrenNoelPowell
01-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Ok now their are a couple of things you need to work on......I mean Holy Crap that's excellent! In fact it gets my 2 bouncy smilely thingy award :bounce: :bounce:

Dreamwave
01-25-2003, 01:47 PM
hmnn, normally I don't like blue-haired girls but for this one I make an exception :bounce:

great job! :beer:

Springheel
01-25-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm another person who thinks this is incredible! The fluidity in the motion and the hair are both excellent.

onlooker
01-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Robcamp, you just became my hero for the day. That is inspiring work. I love it. It's outstandind. :thumbsup: :applause:

My Fault
01-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Nurb'd

great color :applause:

Wow, in some parts them would be fightin words! Of course saying it's very "Bell" would get you shot. :p

Sweet looking image. Great combination of Poser and more traditional skills.

draconix
01-25-2003, 04:06 PM
:applause: Very good! I love it, the muscle tone is good, the skin tone is good, overall :thumbsup:

Akuma
01-25-2003, 05:41 PM
man this woudl make a SHAWEET desktop, think you can expand the background to 1280x1024? man i'd love to have this as my desktop :bounce:

Bakary
01-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Respekt !!!!! absolute wonderfull:eek:

blankslatejoe
01-25-2003, 06:35 PM
what about saying jusko? any maiming for saying jusko?

excellent work though, it is a very fantasy painter's style. You do the tutorials on 3dtotal, right?

Bruzundanga
01-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Terrific.

Do not have words to describe your work.

Astonishing.

I'm looking your website now. And it's absolutely fantastic!
Have to give dodge and burn tools a little more attention

:)

Regards

erwin1978
01-25-2003, 09:35 PM
I love the cuts on the deltoids and lats. I was saying to myself this is a photo.

godfish
01-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Great work man! Love the detail! Love the subject too!

ggg
01-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Nice to see poser just used as ref,
The atttention to very detailed anatomy, muscle, fatty areas, and skin details is extremly well studied and rendered.
The skin tones, lit and showing light thru is very acurate
I also like the bit of shine you gave to the skin to amplify the suptle anatomical details especially around the torso.

My Fault
01-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by blankslatejoe
what about saying jusko? any maiming for saying jusko?

excellent work though, it is a very fantasy painter's style. You do the tutorials on 3dtotal, right?

I'll buy you a beer for saying Jusko :beer:

blankslatejoe
01-25-2003, 11:05 PM
i may take you up on that someday!! :)

Matt
01-26-2003, 04:59 AM
You're joking right?

This is the best thing I've seen on this board ever.

Looks something like the work of Boris Vallejo.

Yes, Julie Bell too.

This reminds me of the X-Men trading card series from 1994-1996.

pmatlock
01-26-2003, 05:02 AM
I must say and i am sure that you have heard this before.... that your work is very similar in style to Boris Valejo and Julie Bell. My highest complements. I love it!!!

Killer03
01-26-2003, 05:52 PM
:buttrock: Nice job.

santiago
01-26-2003, 07:59 PM
yeah man, this totally reminded me of Boris Vallejo!
This is so well done, congratulations dude!

robcamp
01-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Thank you all for the comments, and I am honored of being compared to Boris :)

Goddess is kind of a throwback to my early style. I still love Boris's paintings very much, even though they may appear to be stiff at times, still... he is in my opinion a true master.

Boris's work has been a great influence on my work, especially my early oil paintings. I had copied a few of his works back in the day, as an exercise and I think that experience has left a mark on my technique.

Anyway, I have a close up of the head here:
http://www.robertocampus.com/images/prints_goddess-detail.jpg

This close, you may see that fine detail is somewhat lacking on the hair, I did not spend much time on it as it would be lost anyway because of the small size of the print on the book.

Akuma
01-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Absolutely beautiful. The fact that girl is drawn so gorgeous makes all the difference. Marvelous work. :bounce:

New
01-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Wow, excelent.

pestopedo
01-26-2003, 11:14 PM
Hello,
Man that is some really good painting. How many layers does it take to do something this awsom. Its really nice.

Flog
01-27-2003, 01:54 AM
Wow!!! GREAT work and no body dissed you for using POSER!!! They are just speechless.

Great work in using everything you have at your beck and call to make a beautiful picture that can be appreciated!!!!

facial
01-27-2003, 06:14 AM
Great work here, I really love it. keep post the great stuff,
:beer:

My Fault
01-27-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by robcamp
Goddess is kind of a throwback to my early style. I still love Boris's paintings very much, even though they may appear to be stiff at times,

I like this better then anything I've ever seen Boris do. He's always been held back by poor composition and slavish use of models. Saying he's stiff is being very generous on your part.

Beautiful work!

cachecol
01-27-2003, 11:01 AM
all i can say is.....UAUU!!! What a amazing work!!!:eek:

rudipooimf
01-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Are you a renderosity poster? This looks familiar to me..:)

pmatlock
01-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Once again I would like to say that I Love the work- I would like to see more of your collection.

There is several reasons why I suggested that your work was similar to both Boris Valejo and Julie Bell--

I mentioned Boris because of your color choices-- mainly the color choices in her left leg. they seem to be darker (so to speak) which is very typical of Boris's work. Another reason is the level of detail you put on muscles. Boris defines the characters muscles to a much higher level than Julie.

I mentioned Julie Bell Becasue of the overall style. Julie does more action/dramatic poses with her characters with a hero/god(dess) feeling to most of her work. This work leans more to Julie IMO than it does Boris because of the pose shes in and the blue hair which you rarely see in Boris's work.

Over all this character makes me think she is the sister or wife to the Greek god Zeus. She seems powerful and caring all at the same time.

---Just thought I would clarify my earlier post. Damn good art work!!!:applause:

subpixel
01-27-2003, 08:36 PM
about how long did it take you to do it, from start to finish?

beautiful... in awe...

Physion
01-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Wow....and that's all I have to say.

blackwulf360
01-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Man that is some great postwork. (Nice to see some other Poser people around) here.

Vidar3d
01-28-2003, 05:48 AM
Well done, I've never really treated Poser seriously. Your skill made it shine! They should put your image on their homepage.

Suli
03-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Wow:eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

robcamp
03-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Hi Guys,

I have just posted a tutorial about this artwork on my website.

Thought you may be interested:

www.robertocampus.com (http://www.robertocampus.com)

TiCool
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
An female version of Thunder?

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.