PDA

View Full Version : Waddle Rig?

ajsfuxor
08-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey guys,

I have to create a very simple rig that basically involves making a character waddle.

So, i need to have a control for the left foot, that when rotates moves the right foot as if it is a child. Then I need to move the right foot which would then move the left foot as a child.

Problem is a you cant have a child be a parent, then be a child of the child.

Understand?

Think two circles curves, both at 10(circle a) and -10(circle b). When i rotate circle a, it rotates on the spot, but circle b rotates around circle a's pivot, hence it waddles forward. That part is all good. But then i need to rotate circle b (which would rotate on the spot) but circel a needs to rotate around circle b's pivot and hence move it/waddle it forward. So effectivley one minute circle a is the parent, then the next circle b is that parent.

Thanks.

ajsfuxor
08-20-2006, 01:52 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=311185&page=1&pp=15&highlight=parent+child

Found this thread, i think this is what i want. Basically, a moving pivot point.

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2006, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.