PDA

View Full Version : Damnit i need help can someone explain flash 5.0's layering system?

zisland
01-25-2003, 02:30 AM
i am experianced in other tools such as adobe but the layering system makes no sense to me. i tried to animate a go going through a room and i had to erase him and redraw every move wich doesnt bother me but i kept erasing parts of the room. HELP!!!

Akuma
01-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Well you need to convert all of your graphics to symbols (insert > convert to symbol > graphic) then work with a symbol on each layer(insert > layer). Dont forget to lock the layers your not editing so you wont accidentally add a symbol to the wrong layer.

slayerment
01-25-2003, 04:41 AM
put each symbol on its own layer. as far as i know flash wont tween w/ more than 1 symbol per layer. be sure to use motion tween if you have symbols and shape tween if its just plain vector stuff. good luck.

fig
01-25-2003, 04:23 PM
yup, only one sybol per layer. go into flash help and do all the tutorials there, that'll give you an idea of how to tween and do all the basics.

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.