PDA

View Full Version : Daz morphs to MB clusters

Animatom
08-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey, bright people.
Let me just say that I am in love with MB after just 2 months of learning. My main interest is Machinima and after long seeking for suitable game engine I stumbled on MB and quest is over. Most beautiful software I ever come across. Only thing I must understand to be completely in love is this: is it possible to "tell" MB that morphs from DAZ (importing fbx with morphs works fine) are clusters for face/voice acting? I hope you understand the question, English is not my native language so sorry for mistakes.
Thanks.

chellescreations
08-19-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure of what you're specifically asking, so if you can clarify I'll try to help more. But try watching Version 4 of the VTMs off this site. They're all about facial animation from morphs/blendshape set up to cluster set up.

If you have a more specific question, can you try to word it a bit differently so I can try to help you? :)

Animatom
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
chellescreations, yes, these videos are probably exactly what I need. Things is, I downloaded every single video and tutorial I can find (including all of the VTMs off this site) but didn't have time to watch them all. Now, after you suggestion I surely will.
What I am really looking is best way to use realtime lipsync (via microphone) on my character imported from DAZ. Importing is OK, I learned that much, morphs to control face and lips are working too (all that sliders named "shapes" in properties are there.)
What is my next step now, really? And are these "shapes" same as cluster shapes needed for lipsync or I am completely wrong in basic understanding of MB terminology?
I will watch videos right away, but if you have some advice to speed up a process, please share.
Thank you very much.

chellescreations
08-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, I've never used DAZ, so anything specific to do with that program I won't be able to help with. As for real time lipsync, I only played with the recording device briefly, but I know one of the VTMs focuses on that, so I'd start with that one. I seem to remember that it gave questionable results though..and that it was hard to tweak it...but that's probably all I can help with...sorry. Oh...and I think you had to name your shapes exactly what the recording device wanted...

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Animatom
08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
No, you help me a lot. Now I am watching over and over again all this VTMs and slowly begining to understand things. It is amazing how free (and somewhat childish) DAZ can be powerful tool in company of MotionBuilder. Coming from Machinima, I don't even need rendering. Actually, it seems that all I need is in MB (after importing a model).
What a wonderful tool MotionBuilder is.
Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.