PDA

View Full Version : blendWeighted for muscle deformation

goosh
01-24-2003, 11:25 PM
I was wondering if anybody uses a blendWeighted node to create muscle deformation.

And if you do, if you could explain it a little bit on how you go about doing it.

(if you have a demo file that would be awesome) ;)

Thanks

Goosh

olivier georges
01-27-2003, 08:49 AM
hi goosh,
for my muscle setup, i use mainly cluster, wire deformer and the curveInfo node with some utility nodes like multiplyDivide, or the condition node, i use blendWeighted node for my facial control, done with joints, when i want to drive an attribut like a rotation with more than one input, like for the corner of the mouth, drive by the jaw when it`s open , put can be move too, by my lips controls....

i hope i`ll can help you more :)

Olivier.

on the join image, you can view a detail of the hypergraph view for a joint on my lip setup.

MDuffy
01-27-2003, 08:11 PM
And where in the world in the interface do you create blendWeighted nodes?!?!?! I ran across these nodes in some of Jason's rigs from his DVDs, and they are exactly what I need for when I start doing my facial rig. I know I can use a createNode command to create them, but I hadn't heard of them before from looking through the interface and Hypershade Utilities panel. I guess I'll just have to sit down and read the "Node and Attribute Reference" from cover to cover someday. (ok, first page to last page since it's actually an online document and doesn't have a "cover" per se....) :p

Later,
Michael Duffy
mduffy@ionet.net

olivier georges
01-28-2003, 05:31 PM
createNode blendWeighted;

then you have to connect your input attributs to the target attribut with these commands:

connectAttr -f pCylinder1.rotateX blendWeighted1.input[0];
connectAttr -f pCylinder2.rotateX blendWeighted1.input[1];
connectAttr -f blendWeighted1.output pCube1.rotateX;

i hope it will help you, ask me if you need more infos :)

Olivier.

goosh
01-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi olivier

Thanks... I'll give it a shot.. it's a start :)

If I can't get it to work, I'll bug you some more :D

Thanks

Goosh

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.