PDA

View Full Version : Feature requests

Roger Eberhart
01-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread starting a feature list. I've moved on from AM, although I still miss certain aspects. If I were to use it again I would like the following:

1. Stability
2. Better renderer
3. SubD's (Hash patches suck, it's time to move on)
4. An actual manual
5. A support department that actually responds to my e-mail once in a while.

bugzilla
01-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Stability and a real renderer is what AM needs. Maybe they can take a page from Caligari's book and liscence the Lightwave render engine since their own wasn't cutting it.

PJC
01-24-2003, 11:34 PM
I would have them rework the Material Editor. Do any of you ever leave the Realtime window up? It's sooo slow...and if you have DarkSim it's mole asses slow.

Also, Area Lights would be nice.

- pjc

Roger Eberhart
01-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by bugzilla
Stability and a real renderer is what AM needs. Maybe they can take a page from Caligari's book and liscence the Lightwave render engine since their own wasn't cutting it.

Actually, that's the Lightworks renderer. Quit different from the Lightwave renderer.

penguinpavilion
01-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I only have three requests, and would like to see a feature freeze while they address them.

1- Work on Stability
2- Work on Stability
3- Work on Stability

Once they have that down. They can unfreeze the features.

dfaris
01-24-2003, 11:43 PM
In addition to everything youguys have said I would like:

1.Some import export options
2. UV mapping support so you can use
Programs such as deep paint and or Zbrush for texturing.

3. Modeling tools Modeling tools modeling tools (SubD's)

Wegg
01-24-2003, 11:43 PM
AM's material editor is one of my favorate AM tools. Even Darktree comes 2nd place to its flexability.

I just wish it didn't cause the renderer to shimmer like Liberace's sequin undies. . .

My Fault
01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by dfaris
2. UV mapping support so you can use
Programs such as deep paint and or Zbrush for texturing.

This can already be done and it's made even easier with the newer UV Editing support post v9
http://www.artboxanimation.com/texture.html

PJC
01-24-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by weggingt
AM's material editor is one of my favorate AM tools.

I guess I was talking more about the sphere preview window more than the actual way materials work (combiners, etc.) I do like that too, but I just never use the preview window, I just assign it directly to an object and Shift+Q it from there.

Ooohhhh, how about the feature of bringing in 3DS models? I would for them to actually bring them in accurately! That way I can the 3DS version of a Viper that I got (had this happen on a Dodge job) and it didn't have textures, reflection or any of the other attributes that were set up in the 3DS.

- pjc

dfaris
01-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
This can already be done and it's made even easier with the newer UV Editing support post v9
http://www.artboxanimation.com/texture.html

I have seen this and it works but its not easy to do and is way more of a pian in the butt to do then assigning UV coord and just export to a paint program and pain away.

zandoria
01-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Since it is a feature request thread, I would like to see sub-surface scattering and High-dynamic-range images...

Maybe "shave and a hair-cut" for A:M--that would be nice too!

While I'm wishing, I really like what was done with that "Massive" plug-in over at Weta Digital! Can we get that??:airguitar

My Fault
01-25-2003, 03:14 AM
Any chance you guys would be willing to continue this thread on this post?
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39525

nerrazzi
01-25-2003, 06:02 AM
1. Stability
2. Integration with Joe Alter's Shave and Cut
3. Better Particle emitter. Example: www.wondertouch.com
4. At least 40% faster renderer :rolleyes:

Taco Dude
01-25-2003, 08:06 AM
For 40,000 dollars you too can have a single license of massive! :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.