PDA

View Full Version : all around lighting (for modeling)

stompbug
08-18-2006, 04:44 PM
hello can anybody help me, having a bit of trouble with the lighting in xsi, i need an all around light so i can see my whole model shaded, but well lit, can anyone understand what i mean?

Nakary
08-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello, I guess I undestand what you mean, In the upper right corner of your viewport you should make click on the word for the shading control (Shades, wireframe, hidden line, or which ever you have active) a menu will appear, go to display options, and once you click there a windows with more options wil pop up. At the bottom of this window you have the Head Light which overrides another lighting.
You have yo enable the Head Lighting, and then no matter where you move you camera you object will always be lit.

Hope I was clear and it helped you.

:)

ThirdEye
08-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Do what he suggested. That said never model with a headlight, your model will just look wrong imo.

CiaranM
08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
You could arrange a nice light rig that you like and then parent them to the camera, so that when you move the view, the lights will move with it.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.