PDA

View Full Version : Leon The Professional RTO

BigErn
08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone!

So I decided to make Leon as my next project. I have been pretty busy putting a folio together and just wanted a hopefully photoreal game char. I just been working on the RealTime for the past 2 days. I will have to rearrange my UV`s a lot and havent done the head/hands just yet.

Let me know what you think....

Update on Last page :thumbsup:

AdamAtomic
08-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey dude great work, very good likeness - can't wait to see the face texture!

XepptizZ
08-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Leon is cool. But didn't he have some remnants or hair?

BigErn
08-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Leon is cool. But didn't he have some remnants or hair?
your right, I resculpted the head again from my first test attempt, then forgot to redo it this time, but I need a 2nd pass on the head so I`ll add the hair on then, and then on the map.

blacker
08-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Suhhhhhweeeeeet! :) Are you going to model his plant or gun-box or violin case? :)
The only comments I have on the model are:

The wrinkles on the sleeves look a bit funny (on his white shirt)
The pants seem too short.. and I thought he wore boots, but I could definitely be wrong on that.
Maybe dirty his shirt up a bit.
Very short fuzzy hair with widow's peak and scruffy stubble on the face would look good.

pimeto
08-18-2006, 06:12 PM
ffs, i cant tell the difference bethween the high poly or low...

this is awesome job dude!!! nice, realy nice!

pls, show wires, im realy qurious

ts-falcon
08-18-2006, 10:24 PM
very cool, looks like he seems to have a certain weight about him, like he did in the movie. you have captureed the face really well. ill be watching this one looks awesome:D

XepptizZ
08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Suhhhhhweeeeeet! :) Are you going to model his plant or gun-box or violin case? :)
The only comments I have on the model are:

The wrinkles on the sleeves look a bit funny (on his white shirt)
The pants seem too short.. and I thought he wore boots, but I could definitely be wrong on that.
Maybe dirty his shirt up a bit.
Very short fuzzy hair with widow's peak and scruffy stubble on the face would look good.
His "uncool" looks in the movie is what struck me the most. His pants weren't the hipster skater kind.

He looked so unordinary that it makes him one cool dude somehow 0_o

Also, the edges around the glasses look to bright. It's a more chromelook than the aluminium as it's now looking like.

BigErn
08-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the comments guys! Of course there are numerous issues atm, its just WIP. :) So things like Hair, Beard, dirt and grim will all be added in later stages. I`ll try and get a wire posted soon. Its just a little unoptimised and I might end up changing the mesh depending on how I think its going.

Thanks for the crits!

JimmyMac
08-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Awesome subject! Watching this one. Great work BigErn!

BigErn
08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks Jimmy! and here is the first wire I have done. I`m thinking about redoing some of it. Following and including his waistcoat(thing) into the mesh more, and optimising the rest of the arms, legs and shoes as I might have too many redudant polys.

(http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cgtwip02wiregz1.jpg)

rasmusW
08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
hey paul!

-great model. he look really much like the real deal.
only comment i have, is i think his hands are a bit too big (-not sure though, cause i haven't got a ref).
keep at it, i'll be checking back for more.

-r

requiem2d
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Wow, spot on, great work :D

BigErn
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the comments! Here is the latest WIP, just made a VERY quick texture, just to see what the UVmap was like, and if I should do it again.

~4100 triangles atm

XepptizZ
08-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I kinda like this thin coz it's Leon :P. But my Firefox is acting up >.<.

Could you post a direct link to the image? For little 'o me?

BigErn
08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I kinda like this thin coz it's Leon :P. But my Firefox is acting up >.<.

Could you post a direct link to the image? For little 'o me?

er.. well its here, hopefully :eek: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6637/cgtwip03bw6.jpg

JanoFR53
08-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Very nice job ! You represented Jean Reno very well ! :thumbsup:

mkyboy
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
A great film character to model! Looks very tidy! You're mesh is nice and uncluttered and the base textures you've given him look promising. Looking forward to seeing a posed version fully textured up ... How far are you going to push the textures? Realistic or a stylistic representation?

Anyways looks cool!

BigErn
08-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks again for the comments! :) I have been working some more! The wires have been optimised and cleaned up. mkyboy, I`m going hopefully for some kind of semi realistic but mostly handpainted textures. I dont have good enough ref for photomapping, so I`ll just try my best at painting it myself.

A recent shaded and wire view ( direct link http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4799/cgtwip04kh6.jpg )

update below

requiem2d
08-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Wow, getting closer to Jean Reno every minute, can't wait to see the final :D Keep us posted!

BigErn
08-29-2006, 11:24 PM
updated below

Making slightly slow progress atm, but here is an update with some more textures done, just need the last few things doing, and maybe his case too. :)

XepptizZ
08-29-2006, 11:43 PM
His droopy eyes :D. Looking ace!

ArchangelTalon
08-30-2006, 01:13 AM
That's looking great.

It's very recogniseably Jean Reno... but it still seems slightly off. I can't quite place why :/

BigErn
08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
That's looking great.

It's very recogniseably Jean Reno... but it still seems slightly off. I can't quite place why :/

yea I know what you mean, I was always aiming for photoreal, but without any hi-res ref I`m just going for a nice painterly look instead. I`m happy with it, so I will keep trying to improve it and just get it finished up.

Cheers!

MrDev
08-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I dont know why but the Iris of the eye looks too small...

BigErn
09-04-2006, 09:07 PM
A near final update.. I have a few things to tidy up, a few things which I need to learn for next time but I`m happy with the results so I`m going to be leaving him pretty much soon. Might call back and do his coat and box though, might get a little time to pose him also! :wise:

Poly count got a little crazy, the hands were a little rushed, pushing it up to around 8500 tris.

Any last comments I can think about for my next creation?

BigErn
10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Hello! Back again with the final Leon:The Proffesional

Its complete! :thumbsup:

I`m pretty happy with the results.. as its turned out better than I orginally hoped! Let me know if its actually any good, and what I can improve for next time! I have 3 new projects, so one needs moving onto asap.

There are more pics if you want to see anything else... they are 1280! so sorry if they are a bit big... Once CGsociety has been fixed, I`ll update most of the new images there. In my folio.

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1458/fulllighting1280vs4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

With Coat....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1213/fullcoat1280lv7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks for looking!

rasmusW
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
hey paul!

good to see you back on track:thumbsup:
think it looks top notch.
the only thing, i can come up with, is i think his forehead looks abit too high. but i'm not sure at all.

-r

BakerCo
10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
there has been some good work around here lately and yours is no different Great Job!!!

-Baker

BigErn
10-23-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks guys... I said it was complete but of course there is always a little room for fixes. Hopefully when I get around to posing I will address some problems. I`m just happy to have it nearly out of my way, so I can try more stuff. :)

JimmyMac
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Great work Paul! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.