PDA

View Full Version : Max user Needs Help From Maya users !!

The-Architect80
08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello everybody,

I am a Max user trying to get into Maya & am trying to import an FBX file type into Maya & my problem is that only 90% of the objects are being imported correctly.., i really don't know why some objects get imported fine while others don't, i am using max 7 & Maya 7.0.1 learners edition..
hope someone can help me out or at least direct me on how to import my model from max to maya

thanks in advance

arneltapia
08-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Try the OBJ format. I am not familiar with Maya but i think OBJ is native to Maya. :)

The-Architect80
08-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Try the OBJ format. I am not familiar with Maya but i think OBJ is native to Maya

Thanks mate, but my version of maya doesn't support the obj file types..i tried to import it as an object file but it was not recognised by maya..i want to know if this is this only because am using the learners edition or is it also in full maya version !..

RiKToR
08-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Try going to Windows > Settings and Prefrences > Plug In Manger and see if the .obj importer is active there. As far as FBX I think that is a new feature in Maya 8.0, you'll probably have to use some other means to import you scene.

BOSAH
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
FBX came with Maya 7 (it is also available for v6 and I think I also saw a v5 download for it). you could try and d/load the latest version of the plugin on the autodesk site. http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/downloads.jsp (http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/downloads.jsp)
The 3ds import plugin comes with maya 7 bonus tools (if thats something else you want to try), also downloadable at that address. I don't know though if either will work with PLE version.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.