PDA

View Full Version : WolfGirl Project

IchI
08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
As I'm away from Univercity and I have some spare time I decided to start my own little project.

My aim is to basiclly make a girl who rides a wolf. I have been modelling for a while (low polygon) but have never got in textures an animation. This is the main reason I have started this project.

I will try to keep it as updated as I can as I do more work. I'm not working from front, side and back references so if the Wolf or girl are not good or you can give me some pointers there all welcome.

NOTE: I already have a good idea in my head about what I wish to create. I would draw it but my drawing skills are very limited. The wolf atm resembles a normal wolf. Because of its size its muscles would be normally much larger to coupe with its over size so I will be going back and changing the wolf. He also has no tail atm. The bright white areas are there for textures with transparency e.g the main of fur on the wolf.

IchI
08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
NOTE: I started adding some more details to the Wolf giving it more personality within the model. Not many of the ideas are original but I just wanna make it look kewl for the moment :D

IchI
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
NOTE: Just finished the unwrapping. I could have polished up the model a little more but my main priority with this project is to get better at texturing an animation. Now the hard part begins and my models starts to look worse and worse. What a stupid idea it was to do a hairy animal for my first texture :D

IchI
08-18-2006, 08:32 PM
NOTE: I started the texture, I decided to go for a darker look. Trying to make the wolf slightly evil. The texture is going alright. But it still needs a lot of work. I'm wondering how I would go about making seems match. Might be a little anoying. but anyway. Heres the latest update

psyKomOng
08-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Whoa! Nice work IchI!
Maybe for a reference image for the girl you could take a picture of a woman riding a horse? That might be quite similar then you could scale it down :)

psyKo

IchI
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Hehehe, I don't use side, front and back image references. I don't think I would really be looking at a animal stance so to speak before animation. When I get to animation I will definatly have to study some weighting on animals etc... But hell, thats a long way of yet. It will be a long project as I;m doing it in bursts.

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.