PDA

View Full Version : New Mariner Design To Blizzard Entertainment, Fausto (3D)

Pages : 1 [2]

ThirdEye
02-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Another excellent model! :thumbsup:

A MacVey
02-06-2003, 01:54 AM
both your models are amazing!

whats the new 3dtotal tutorial on?

Kaiser-BEST
02-06-2003, 04:21 AM
ooooh...
nice gun...
good hand-
but the hand, I can modle a better one.
hhahahahaha
very good work man.
:thumbsup:

Fede
02-06-2003, 06:53 AM
Hey

Fausto that is a fantastic model just like the other one.

I know you said you are doing a tut for 3dtotal and you use MAX to boast, yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Looking forward to the tutorial dude and i'm thanking you in advance.

Later

Clown
02-06-2003, 07:21 AM
:eek: looks real good, i want to see that tutorial :p

facial
02-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Woooooow, That't really shake me. !!!! Well doneman. Keep post this great works..:buttrock:

Laa-Yosh
02-06-2003, 10:51 AM
The second head looks very nice as well, but there are a few areas on the mesh that are quite messy. All those N-sided polys and vertices stacked together might give you some headache when you're going to animate it...

fausto
02-06-2003, 01:59 PM
The tutorial is about texture techniques... I will texturize the helmet...

Thanks,

Fausto.

Fede
02-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Sweet fausto, allways love texturing tuts but seriously dude, what we wan't to see is the insane modeling.

Later

xeno
02-06-2003, 02:08 PM
hey fasuto? have u already heard anything from blizzard??

and again, incredible incredible work!!!

fabriciomicheli
02-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey Fausto!
Very nice model!!!
It looks like a marine version for Starcraft II? Are you in?

I hope so.
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

sebek27
02-06-2003, 05:10 PM
your work is fantastic ! what modeling method do you use ? do you start off with a primitive box shape ?
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fausto
02-06-2003, 05:16 PM
I start with a cube (editable poly)... I make the volume model and I start to subdivide...

thaks for the comments,

Fausto.

Bane
02-06-2003, 05:18 PM
I dont know Leigh, specular levels are realy just fake reflections of lightsourses. With skin there is barely any reflection, and with the sub surface scattering skin dosent realy get any spec levels. Unless its greased up or somthing... :)

I love the gun design, looks like somthing I would make if I had enough time(probably take me 14 hours or somthing).

Only things I would change are the hair (looks silly) the scar (needs something, just dosent look real, maby a little pink) and those little canisters on his front, they look to out or somthing, maybe if they were closer to the body. right now they just kinda look like they would get in the way.

ThirdEye
02-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bane
I dont know Leigh, specular levels are realy just fake reflections of lightsourses. With skin there is barely any reflection, and with the sub surface scattering skin dosent realy get any spec levels. Unless its greased up or somthing... :)

I love the gun design, looks like somthing I would make if I had enough time(probably take me 14 hours or somthing).

Only things I would change are the hair (looks silly) the scar (needs something, just dosent look real, maby a little pink) and those little canisters on his front, they look to out or somthing, maybe if they were closer to the body. right now they just kinda look like they would get in the way.

I don't agree with you. What gives realism to skin is not 3S, is not color map, neither bump map, the most important maps are diffusion and specular (i always use a reflection map too)

ThirdEye
02-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Laa-Yosh
The second head looks very nice as well, but there are a few areas on the mesh that are quite messy. All those N-sided polys and vertices stacked together might give you some headache when you're going to animate it...

I can't see any ngons Tamas... except one near the eye and a few on the hat (but i don't think the hat needs to be animated)... :shrug:

holosynthetic
02-06-2003, 05:55 PM
looks like i can learn alot from the tutorial before i go to college to learn...and the tutorial is free....college is $$$$$

Laa-Yosh
02-06-2003, 07:49 PM
ThirdEye:
There are quite a few 5-sided polygons, you can find them if you compare the smoothed and the low-res wire. There are a lot of triangles around the eye, too, and a couple of, I dunno, 8-9 sided polys as well ;)

I'd think that these would cause unwanted distortions on the surface when sculpting morph targets... However the marine's morphs looked okay on the first pages, although they weren't close-ups.

ThirdEye
02-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Ok Tamas, thank you man. Btw what do u think about ngons and tris in not-animating places? In his guns there are a lot of 5 sided polys, do u prefer full loops or do u think they are ok in that case?

emailsux
02-06-2003, 08:09 PM
WOW this is a awsome thred. I can not belive how good a modeler you are. I am going to change the way I make the corners of my mouth because of your modles. Thanks Dude.

:beer:

Laa-Yosh
02-06-2003, 08:31 PM
ThirdEye, well, it's quite hard to find any points on the front part of the face that aren't deforming at all :) Seriously, some expressions will deform the skin over the nose, over the chin, the jaw as well, not to mention the mouth, eye and brow area that are affected the most.
For example I'm working on the fourth character's blend shapes now and I can report that using almost only quad faces has not caused me any problems ;) - but I don't know much about the opposite though.
Anyway, we're getting offtopic here, so I'll stop. Maybe we can get back to the Topology research thread with this later.

fausto
02-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi... I will refine all the meshes and reduce the n-sided faces and multi-edged vertex (does it exists?)... I'm full of work and as soon as possible I will post the updates... Thanks for the tips...

Regards,

Fausto.

------------------------------------------------------

ThirdEye
02-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Laa-Yosh
ThirdEye, well, it's quite hard to find any points on the front part of the face that aren't deforming at all :) Seriously, some expressions will deform the skin over the nose, over the chin, the jaw as well, not to mention the mouth, eye and brow area that are affected the most.
For example I'm working on the fourth character's blend shapes now and I can report that using almost only quad faces has not caused me any problems ;) - but I don't know much about the opposite though.
Anyway, we're getting offtopic here, so I'll stop. Maybe we can get back to the Topology research thread with this later.

uhm... i was talking about non-deforming objects like a gun or a hat... by the way we are getting offtopic, you're right, let's go back to the modeling forum... I am becoming quads-edgeloops-addicted :rolleyes:

Laa-Yosh
02-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ThirdEye_01
uhm... i was talking about non-deforming objects like a gun or a hat... I am becoming quads-edgeloops-addicted :rolleyes:

Hm, it doesn't look like those guns would need any smoothing :) Then again it shouldn't be a problem to have non-quads and such on a rigid object.

I am becoming quads-edgeloops-addicted :rolleyes:

I guess everyone gets through that phase at some time :)
Anyway, I think it might seem that I'm making a big fuss about the topology here. But in reality it does not matter that much if the model works well... Like, Fausto's marine here is pretty good if you ask anyone :)

Anyway, I really shut up now. Congrats again to Fausto and I hope you get that job!

Bane
02-07-2003, 12:59 AM
Third eye, the diffusion is a nobrainer, but what im saying is just that skin has a very very low specular level in reality. Heck, look at your arm, your leg, your anything, it barly has any at all. About the reflections, well if you had it very low and the spec off, then it would create a realistic spec for you. I know it takes longer, but its alot more realistic in some cases.

Gkaine
02-08-2003, 07:27 PM
fausto when you finish the tutorial please post it i MUST see it:)

Incitatus
02-08-2003, 08:30 PM
A tutorial!! great news!! can't wait!! :drool:

MorBioS
02-09-2003, 12:53 AM
GREAT WORK !!!!

Fantastic!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

parabens Fausto!!!

NelsonInomvan
02-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Woow i don't know what to say :eek:

Man post some pics of you texture of the head pls

NileshXYZ
02-09-2003, 06:13 PM
http://oddworld.com/ is hiring :) they are realistic style game

Ed Lee
02-09-2003, 06:41 PM
I think the Venice studio Blur may suit better. Head of Oddworld Lorne Lanning and I used to work together at Rhythm & Hues, and he knows what he's doing. Anyway, work like Fausto's would match Blur's style..more so than Oddworld's which is little more quirky and dark.

With Blur, I would just watch your back. Haven't worked at Oddworld but it's very focused and intense.

Ed--

AC_Shrike
02-09-2003, 06:54 PM
I agree with Ed here. Your style is much better suited to Blur's work. By the way, I met Lorne Lanning at SIGGRAPH last Summer, what a great guy. I'd love to work for them. Oddworld has churned out some of the most interesting game media I've ever seen. Blur too for that matter. And I can imagine that working for either would be quite focused and intense, albeit rewarding.:p
But, Ed, would you agree with me, this kid here has what it takes to work nearly anywhere? The boy is good, no doubts there.:thumbsup:

holosynthetic
02-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AC_Shrike
The boy is good, no doubts there

Sounds a little like watto from episode I

AC_Shrike
02-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Wow, someone actually cought that! Heheheh.:applause:
But fausto definitely gots the goods.:buttrock:

pacificsoul
02-12-2003, 05:13 AM
kewl stuff man, butt...... as an art director i would think they would want to see more original concepts along with this submission. i'm a big fan of blizzard and this character is just copied as far as i'm concerned. it's great if your trying to get a production job but if you want them to recognized your ability to conceptualize then ad more original characters that would fit blizzards style especially focus on creating senerios for projects they are currently working on. never know thayt might like it so much they have to go back to the drawing board just to include your submission. good luck to ya you definitely do good work.

:buttrock:

LeConcorde
02-12-2003, 01:56 PM
great job!!! :thumbsup:

TES
02-12-2003, 05:41 PM
great work.....but i think ,that the helmet don´t fix to your massive marine armor....

CroitiX
02-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by TES
great work.....but i think ,that the helmet don´t fix to your massive marine armor....

the helmet is not for that marine...
read his post ;)

conjaman
02-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Amazing work... :buttrock:

lmc
02-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Amazing,as a student i was glab to see this also....well well done

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

fausto
02-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi,

I'm posting a image with the mariner in another position... I reduce the speculars, add some hair on the arms and turn the hair black... the skinning is quite simply yet (no morph angle deformers and muscles) but the image have been made for a poster, so it works...

the link is:

http://discovirtual.uol.com.br/b_storm/Compartilhada/p_bigSCLow.jpg

Thanks,

Fausto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotham
02-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Tiehehehe..... I like it... MUCH. Very much? Yes.

sinthetic
02-13-2003, 11:20 PM
All great, weapons, textures all, but the fingernails!!!! Man those good! =)

Mata Tango
02-13-2003, 11:24 PM
I only hope to be as good as you when i finish school.
anyways, the only concern I have is the skin color. He kinda looks
like is glazed with a shell of sugar. under the left hand glove he skin apears to have a good color to it. I'm thinking it might be the lighting. the head area (shaved) looks good but the face is too
glazed. sory I can't Identify your problem but I'm still in school so maby in a couple of months I'll know...:rolleyes:
keep up hte good work....:wip:

? What 3D program are yo using?

fausto
02-14-2003, 02:33 AM
oops, I put the pistol on the wrong side... I have adjusted the color of the arms too... the new image:

http://discovirtual.uol.com.br/b_storm/Compartilhada/poster_low.jpg

Chaosphere
02-14-2003, 02:49 AM
WOW, i saw this ahwile ago, but didn't comment looks awesome !!!! :bounce:

mohh
02-14-2003, 03:13 AM
That is some awesome work man. I too wish I could even come close to making something this great.:buttrock:

bentllama
02-14-2003, 04:53 AM
again, very nice work fausto.

Werner
02-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Beautiful work fausto! I think the skin on the arms needs work tho.

:thumbsup:

augustus
02-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Just perfect
:drool: :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lil' rothko
02-22-2003, 01:58 AM
It's impossible to really add anything new to this thread. Unless i said that it was the worst model i'd ever seen. But it's not. It's ace. By the way, i'm starting a new pressure group named 'Fausto Is Way Too Good, Lets Ban Him' if anyone is interested.

Although, i would say the arm texture could use a bit of work, i liked it better on the first images. But it's hard to criticise such a beast of a model.

Keep up the good work.:beer:

Bilbo_Baggins
02-23-2003, 06:47 AM
I personally like the yellow colored hair because it makes him seem more cool, but this is nice. :) I love how you can see the bumps and hair on his arm. Can't wait for your tutorial.

betooo
02-23-2003, 07:14 PM
It's good to see brazilians guys doind great work like that...

Bom trabalho fausto :thumbsup:

ThirdEye
02-23-2003, 09:06 PM
The new pose of the character is incredible, but yes, i preferred the reddish hair ;)

shambler
03-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm impressed - I salute you, for magnificent deeds shouldn't go unheralded!!!:applause:

ivankio
03-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Cadê? :shrug: Cadê? :insane: Onde? :argh: - The link is broken :cry:!
I can't see neither the mariner or your site.

Larry_g1s
03-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I see nothing but X's . :cry:

fausto
03-11-2003, 08:19 PM
the new link:

http://discovirtual.uol.com.br/b_storm/Compartilhada/poster_low.jpg

Thanks,

Fausto.

KeesCopyright
03-11-2003, 09:30 PM
can we see the wireframe of the final poster pleasE.. :) its really awesome by the way...:bounce:

Supervlieg
03-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Phat stuff

The Magic Pen
03-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Your demo reel is awesome BTW :eek: x 8539857398

Gkaine
03-12-2003, 09:51 AM
nm i found it .... wow its good:eek:

mockmoon
03-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Fuc**ng master :applause:

jah
03-14-2003, 02:45 PM
'mantenha os braços baixos enquanto a armadura se posiciona... ou morra' eeheh excelente

gostei muito :beer:

boa sorte :thumbsup:

ThirdEye
03-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by The Magic Pen
Your demo reel is awesome BTW :eek: x 8539857398

Where's his reel??

Zag
03-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Fausto, o teu site está sempre em baixo e não da para ver a tua demo. Será possivel colocares num outro lado para que o pessoal possa ver o teu trabalho?

Can anyone who have seen the demo put a mirror for us or upload to someones FTP, to download?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

fausto
03-20-2003, 05:45 PM
I will ask to Lildragon if he can host my demoreel...

Regards,

Fausto.

-------------------------------------------------

Zag
03-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Obrigado, fausto!!!:thumbsup:

tuzz
03-20-2003, 08:49 PM
is it just me? other than the pics of the final poster i cannot see any pics of the marine...is there any other way to look at them? any website?!

fausto
03-20-2003, 08:59 PM
I have a webpage with some images... the link is:

http://www.faustodemartini.hpg.ig.com.br/mariner1.htm

Thanks,

Fausto.

----------------------------------------------------------

Error323
03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Did u also get the job??? Cuz... you really should!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :buttrock:

filipelopes
03-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey Fausto,

Man... Every one have said it but I've got to say it again... YOUR WORK IS FANTASTIC!.. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

We, brazilians, are ver pround to see another brazilian showing such a talent to all the world...:applause: :applause:

We hope you find the job you want, cause you deserve it... :thumbsup:

ps: sorry for may poor english

Thanx...

Zag
03-20-2003, 10:56 PM
AWSOME WORK!

... do you have some wireframes, fausto?

Os meus parabéns!!!!:applause:

Psycholink
04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
fausto :

Damn good work !! :applause:
I want see you demoreel :)

Randuin
04-13-2003, 06:54 AM
like many others have said :P amazing :)

btw wire links are dead :(

blindsleeper
04-13-2003, 07:48 AM
really wish i could view this...

liQu1d
04-23-2003, 11:25 AM
great job fausto! :thumbsup:
i luv it! :cool:

Shordy
04-23-2003, 11:55 AM
clean and beautiful work. His face seams to be real. The facial concepts are really great. I hope u can get alle the job u want. :scream:

wireframes would be nice to see... :buttrock:

amphex
05-12-2003, 12:31 AM
<whine>i wanna sseeeee...</whine>
why isnt it up anymore?

ShadowM8
05-16-2003, 01:41 AM
For some strange reason i don't see the original images posted they show up as red crosses :(

Is that a tem thing or is that just me ?

Shaykai
05-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Dude why are you n00bs bringing up this old ass thread?

fausto
05-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Shaykai: Dude why are you n00bs bringing up this old ass thread?

-No comments...

ShadowM8, I'm hosting the images on a new site...

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/armadura1.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/armadura2.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/camisas_big.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/capa_ajustes.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/express1.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/express2.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/express3.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/express4.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/arma1.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/arma2.jpg

http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/pistola.jpg

Thanks for the kind words about my work, well, of corse except by the fellow above.

Fausto.

Waters
05-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Personally, I dont mind this thread being brought up again and again, and I really love your work. Good luck with your employment search, could you offer any advice to someone young like myself who is hoping to make a career of 3d animation?

Psycholink
05-16-2003, 06:55 PM
fausto : Can I see you demoreel?

DAREONER
05-16-2003, 07:57 PM
amazing works, very very good design

Incitatus
05-16-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Shaykai
Dude why are you n00bs bringing up this old ass thread?

Dude at least try to hide your jealousy :rolleyes:

ShadowM8
05-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Thanks allot for those links!
Your works is simply amazing.......

blindsleeper
05-17-2003, 02:04 AM
definately would love to see the demo reel, didnt get a chance to get it from your site before it went down

Magnum Jones
09-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Eu sei que é chover no molhado e é um tópico antigo, mas tu fez um excelente trabalho.

I know it is an old topic, but you have done an amazing work

mindrot
09-14-2003, 09:26 AM
:thumbsup: Hey I'm glad to see this one again, as I wanted to show your work to a freind, and couldn't find it :D

valu
09-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Shaykai , don´t be jealous !!!!
Fausto , You are the man !!!! Double Thumbs up one more time !!!!!!

Brazukas in the house !!!!!

KeepItEvil
09-25-2003, 01:42 PM
those are excelent... but the proportions are a little funny...
the textures are outstanding.

bullethead
09-29-2003, 12:00 AM
I know you have heard this over and over again but ahh what the hell...AMAZING AMAZING work..I love it very much and I love the starcraft game. Just wondering if you heard anything from Blizzard yet?:buttrock:

acgraham
11-19-2003, 01:21 AM
im sorry but i would have absolutely no idea on how to even begin shaping something like that. im too reliant on nurbs, and i can do just about anything with nurbs, but i can see that subD modelling has a lot of advantages. i wouldn't even know where to start. any good tutorials on this method of modelling?

DoLeeP
11-19-2003, 01:44 AM
its not working for me dead link
:shrug:

altermind
11-19-2003, 01:54 AM
pictures down

fausto
11-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Hello everybody!!

I'm so glad that you're still interested on this thread! I posted some new links (page 23, top of the page) and they're still working...

Thanks a lot!

Fausto.

--------------------------------------------

Shaykai
11-19-2003, 02:35 AM
:buttrock:

blindsleeper
11-19-2003, 08:30 PM
hey fausto is it just my browser or is your site down?

fausto
11-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey blindsleeper ,

this website is pretty old (you mean www.proxyz.hpg.com.br right?)... my new website is almost finished, and I will post the link for the new one as soon as possible.

See ya!

Erikoinen
11-19-2003, 09:56 PM
I'd like to see some images. :shrug:

blindsleeper
11-19-2003, 10:21 PM
good to know! thanks much. :thumbsup:

DoLeeP
11-20-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by fausto
Hello everybody!!

I'm so glad that you're still interested on this thread! I posted some new links (page 23, top of the page) and they're still working...
--------------------------------------------

man there is no page 23 ??

fausto
11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey DoLeePoZ,

the thread have 24 pages (check on the bottom) and I posted some images on the page 23 of the thread.

See ya!

jdsb
11-20-2003, 07:51 PM
looks incredible,u have worked very hard and it shows:)
good luck and best wishes....:applause: :applause:

DoLeeP
11-21-2003, 03:22 AM
RE fausto
thx man ur work is rocks
I find ur links in page 18 awsom man ur good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
any way the pages I have it 18 pages only
:beer:

visjes
11-25-2003, 05:24 PM
yeah site not worky for me either. looking forward to your new site, fausto. i'd like to see what all these people are talking about, hehe.

ppself
11-25-2003, 06:16 PM
dang this sucks, everybody is talking about this guys stuff and how awesome it is adn i cant see crap. :(

fausto
11-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Hi visjes, the site is almost done!!! I think that it will be online pretty soon!!!

Hey ppself!! You can see some links on page 23 (if for some reason you don't have the page 23 on this thread, just click on the page after this last page... kinda confuse, hehehe)

Thanks a lot!

See ya!

RikiB
11-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Hrmmmm.. no workie..only 18 pages in this thread.
can you just repost the working links?

RikiB
11-25-2003, 06:41 PM
If you email me some images I can host

rikib@namgorf.com

now lets see that goodness :p

erikals
11-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Fun to see this thread is still alive :)

Shaykai: I see your point, but you can always unsubscribe to a thread ya know ;)

konst
11-27-2003, 09:03 PM
I can´t se a sh*t.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Man I hope that you will finish your site soon so I can se your work.:)

jairaj
02-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi,
I can't see any image. Send them to me and I'll host this amazing work. mail@sx-creative.de

masterx3k
02-01-2004, 10:40 PM
It's been a while since you made this. Any word from Blizzard? Or are you gonna do the animation first? :bounce:

Molin
02-03-2004, 11:29 AM
woa! Puh sorry that i didnt read through all 25 pages. BUT i finally got to se what everybody was so crazy about.

IN MY OPINION!
hm i agree that you have real potential as a 3d modeler. Perhaps not as a texturer in that extent. Great facial details though.

ONT big thing you need to work however is anatomy. One obvious example is you arms in this picture.
http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/capa_ajustes.jpg
It doesnt really convince me of being muscles.

Other then that GOOD LUCK on Bliizard. AND if you do get to work there let them know to thank the GW artists for the warcraft universe and creatures!!.... ;)

Jimmy_Dublo
02-11-2004, 03:27 PM
oh my god. I love this so much, marines totally kick ass :buttrock:

I hope you get into blizzard, This is one of the best models ive seen, and I believe that blizzard only accept the best :thumbsup:

nikiatanasov
03-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
Is there someone that knows where can see the images for witch all talking about. :eek:

ShadowM8
03-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Cheers!
http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Fausto/mariner/

Stillwell
03-11-2004, 04:34 AM
I just wish we could have news about Fausto any time soon...

mica-ela
04-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Hello everybody!!!

Say, Fausto how/ where did you learn to model/texture that amazing way????
Don't know what Blizzard is, sorry everyone for my ignorance, but I do hope you achieve your goal .
mica-ela
:blush:

Shaykai
04-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Congrats :)

You need to get your site up though ;)

Shaykai

fausto
04-24-2004, 07:29 AM
HEY!!!

it's a long long time that I don't reply on this thread... I'm so glad with all the critics and the compliements about my work!!! The cool news is: I got the job at Blizzard!!! I'm working there for 6 months now!! It's such an amazing place!! I'm really really happy!!! Thanks for everybody for support me!!

See ya!

Fausto De Martini

Cameo
04-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Thats great news. A really inspirational thread.

Congratulations!

mohh
04-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey that's great news!

Congratulations. I'm glad to see that all of your hard work paid off. This goes to show that if you are talented and go after your goals, that anything is possible.

Skyraider3D
04-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Nice one, Fausto! Congrats! :thumbsup:
Don't forget to occasionally post something new here, ok? ;)
(or I bet you don't have time for private work anymore!!!)

Gkaine
04-26-2004, 02:04 AM
i always check back to this thread. thats so great you actualy got the job at blizzard. i am soooooooo envious of you. great job man you, have made it

jairaj
04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
wooow, Congrats!:drool:

masterx3k
04-29-2004, 10:52 PM
That is just too cool. Really shows that if you try hard enough things will work out. Have an awesome time.....and make some good shit for us to see in upcoming games!!!!!!

dExon
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Its good to hear that Fausto

great work and you really deserve thist job

regards

Akimine
08-09-2004, 11:26 PM
congratulation :)

techart
08-10-2004, 07:19 AM
incredible characters you kake man...love the guns design too....and the texturing in the same level like modeling...cool.....Like this Final Fantasy style

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my work:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3667/3667_1087296147_large.jpg
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1091616205.jpg
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56228
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56230

Tilstrom
08-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Amazing work, fantastic job. :D

Dene of Terror
08-11-2004, 04:31 AM
veeeeeery nice!! :thumbsup:

RedDream
08-11-2004, 10:23 AM
HOHO!A cool model!

To work in the Blizzard is my goal!
love it

Ultron
10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Perhaps you are already too good for them!

Respekt!!!

pand-aren
10-30-2004, 07:34 PM
yeah man biggest respect 2u.
Can u post link 2 ur web page or demo reel plz u are my GOD :)

JakeJK
11-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Very nice model end very nice job u got there ;)!

You have been an inspiration to me, since my goal is to work at blizzard too.

Can we see your demoreel?

Sorry for bringing an old topic back =|.

psycho1
11-29-2004, 07:39 PM
wow man great job i hope you get the job. if you dont i feel sorry for them.
keep up the great work.

ROCK ON:twisted: :buttrock:

cgmodeler
01-29-2005, 05:19 AM
We need to improve, you're an example of the work that is well done, it's well done at any place in the world, so we must follow our dreams. This is a lesson of hope, and CONGRATULATIONS for your new work, i know it happened months ago so i hope you still working on blizzard, let's show em that we can! :thumbsup:

Ikerchan
02-15-2005, 03:53 PM
That is awesome....pretty nice....
The character look real....

Chanchito
04-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Well it's been what, 2 years since Fausto posted his character and I still find myself going back to this thread and after all this time it still motivates me just as much as it did a year ago when I first came across it.

Man I wonder what characters and sets he worked on for the past Blizzard cinematics. Sorry for digging up this "old ass thread" but I just had to :)

DDS
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
It's clear that Fausto ignores his fan club in cgtalk...he barely comes 1 time each year :shrug:

Anyuways maybe one day we'll see his demoreel, maybe right now it's kinda old stuff...I think that he must be much better right now, only see that he textured the guy of the machineflesh challenge in 1 or 2 days :rolleyes: (if I don't remember bad)

Personally I think that with his marine character he wouldn't enter Blizzard right now because it was done in 2003 and now there are a lot of people who can model and texture like that IMO (that's why I say he must be really better right now)....

Anyways, Fausto, good luck. Maybe some day you will devote more to the community that admires you and asks for you, showing some techniques for modelling/texturing/whatever... that make us slobber like in that day of the marine :drool:

or maybe only say hello!

-DDS

Julez4001
04-14-2005, 02:08 AM
well that'll get him back... bad sarcasm!

penartist26
04-14-2005, 02:39 AM
That Was Amazing Pal' Surely Blizzard Will Going To Hire U Soon' Just Hope N Wait
I Can See U Have So Much Talent To Do 3-d Stuff, Man I Like Marine Troopers In That Starcraft Games'

FaustoDeMartini
04-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey!!

The reason that I never came back to this thread is because I would never imagined that you guys could be still interested on this particular work... as DDS says, is really old already... but I'd like to say many thanks for everybody for the support and the nice words, and I feel really proud with the fact that you guys stil look to this thread.
The reason that I've been away from cgtalk and other forums is because I'm working in USA, and I have wife and 2 kids... so, lately I didn't make too many personal projects... I've been studying zbrush on my spare time... You can see this WIP:

http://www.3d4all.org/temp/wire.jpg
http://www.3d4all.org/temp/rabbitman_04.jpg
http://www.3d4all.org/temp/rabbitman_HI_02_Small.jpg

Well, thanks a lot for the interest on my work, and I promisse that when I have some work to show, I'll post here.

See ya!

Fausto De Martini.

DDS
04-16-2005, 10:55 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good job man.

Good luck in the future!

goktugg
04-24-2005, 06:53 PM
for ***new mariner design to Blizzard character***very great modelling and texturing...textures are really perfect.
all elements in your work are amazing:) ....looking super*CONGRATULATION!!!:thumbsup:

additionally...your last ***z-brush wip model*** is going nice!!

MrPositive
06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
I love this thread and I dont care if he visits very little. It should inspire everyone that if you want it you can do it.

johanflood
11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I would really like to see all of the pictures in the start of this thread !!

please ;)

looks really nice on the only picture that is still working

Stillwell
11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Here's the pose:
http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewimage.jsp?imgID=1544

Here's the whole set of pictures:
http://www.faustodemartini.hpg.ig.com.br/mariner/mariner.htm

the rookie
11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Wow this are really nice, I never seen those before and that was dated 2003? it looks like the character for the Unreal Tournament 2007 demo, but damn good thoe, one day I'll get there

rblitz7
11-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Woah man!!:scream: Thats one hell of a character! So where you working now?

Highter
11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey, isn't your marine on the box of ASUSTeK’s EAX1800 XT?

Leon.S.Ken
11-29-2005, 06:19 AM
Yes ,I like it. you modeling very nice ! And your hue is very nice!
You are very fineness animator !I believe you will succeed!
I will for it 5 stars!
Go on!

FaustoDeMartini
11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey there!

Thanks a lot for the words guys! Yes, I licensed the Marine image to be used on the new ASUS box covers.

See ya!

kpi
04-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Perfect, because I found accidentally this thread searching for MESHSMOOTH problems, and found your work and your NAME... inmediately I searched your name in google... I saw your portfolio, PERFECT MAN! U DESERVE MORE WORDS BUT I DON T HAVE!!! Incredible!!!
I´m from Argentina, and I want to 3Ding like YOU!

DISSAPOINTED, because your work make me feel that I NEVER will do something like that !!! Im 32 years old, and I feel that I must born again!!! :P

Cheers from Argentina!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Diego

FaustoDeMartini
04-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey kpi,

Nice to hear from Argentina!! Really close to Brazil, where I come from!
Thanks a lot for your words! I'm very glad!!

And never say never :) I'm pretty sure that your work is great!!

Take care,

Fausto.

xLonewolfx
08-07-2006, 02:24 AM
http://www.xcomputer.cz/ImageWrite.asp?CO=EC515&FL=1

was looking for new GPU when i saw this

im glad it got somewhere!

congrats! :)

JohnnieEstill
08-27-2006, 08:21 PM
I worked at Blizzard Console on Starcraft Ghost. I wish you the very best! Good Job!

This Is so Sweet! Great work again!

ale3dfx
10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey, Fausto!

Beautiful work!!

Good lock!

waltermatos
10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
great to work! Nice pic! amazing ! :thumbsup:

Pic for Video Card!!! -> http://www.amdzone.com/pics/videocards/asus/x1600/box.jpg

FaustoDeMartini
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm so impressed and honored for having people still replying to this thread!! Much appreciated.

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but I put up a website with some of my works:

www.fausto3d.com

Hope you guys like it!

Thanks a lot!

Fausto.

waltermatos
10-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Fausto.yours to work it is excellent! Taste your Web! Nice!

CGmonkey
01-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I saw the boxcover on asus, great work man. This thread must bring back some memories for you Fausto. :) You're a great artist.

awnold
01-15-2007, 11:39 PM
achieved your dream man! very big, congratz!

CHERNABOG
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Fausto, Great work man !!! Im from Costa Rica :D, and I am very happy that you acomplished your dream of working in Blizzard :deal:, that its my dream too but i have to work harder, you are a inspiration and great artist , Bendiciones y abrazos, Buena Suerte :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.