PDA

View Full Version : MEL to XSI

Lyr
03-15-2002, 08:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any success in modifying MEL scripts to work in XSI, or are Maya and XSI so completely different that you need to re-write all of your scirpts to work in XSI? The kinda scripts I am curious about are workflow scripts in general, not tools. Stuff like naming convention, organization, GUI creation etc.

raffael3d
03-18-2002, 04:47 AM
I can't give you an answer because I didn't try. I just know that instead of Maya which allows only MEL, XSI allows VBScript, JScript, Python etc. The best thing to ask is probably softiamge itself. Write an email to support@softimage.com

so_hi
03-18-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure mel is a custom scripting language native to maya, it is very similar to C (that's why programmers pick it up so easy) but is definately not C. :hmm:

That's probably why you are having issues, you should write a translator, people would love you.

Good Luck. :grin:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.