PDA

View Full Version : riging with poser?

Fudge
08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
hey all, i just got the demo of poser looks great, but i want to know if i model a character in a diffrent app and export it into poser can i rig it in there? because the default characters their has amazing rigs, if this is possible i think i will buy it!

Fudge

EDIT: P.S sorry this is the wrong forum, couldnt find a poser forum

adh3d
08-17-2006, 05:53 PM
If you are talking about version 6, yes, you can make your character in a 3d modeling application, export it as a, best, in obj format and then, in the setup room in Poser make the groups in you figure (arm, head, hand,....follow th standar poser figures structures) and apply it bones ( make yours or apply from other standar poser figure), then you have a posable figure, make some adjustments and tahts all.

You can make the clothes for that figure or any other folowwing the same way or you can use the "realistic" cloth simulator in the cloth room.

hudgda75
08-17-2006, 06:25 PM
You can rig in Poser, in the Setup room. You will need to use the Bone Tool to add "bones" and then use the grouping tool to to assign those "bones" to your mesh. Once you have created your rigging, or bones, and assigned everything, you can go back to the main room (I forget the actual name of the room) and manipulate the rigged mesh.

That is about I know about it for sure. I have only messed with rigging in Poser a couple of times, and only made it work when I imported rigging from an exsisting figure.

If you want to know more about rigging or using something you have modeled inside of Poser, you can check out the forums at the following places:

www.poserpros.com
www.renderosity.com
www.daz3d.com

You will have to set up an account with the main site at all of those places to see or ask questions in their forums, but the sign up is free, and you are not obligated to purchase any of their stuff.

Fudge
08-18-2006, 08:31 AM
thanks guys that helped. can i export the rig into motion builder after i have created it in poser?

hudgda75
08-21-2006, 07:01 PM
I have never used Motion builder, so I do not know.

The only things I know for certain that do work with the rig and animation made within Poser are Daz Studio (a free Poser clone), Vue, Bryce (as ported in from Daz Studio with a plug-in) and possibly Carrara (if not now, it probably will soon, as Daz 3D recently acquired the program rights).

adh3d
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
You can export the animation to 3d max and truespce through a plugin.

And in Bryce, the version 6 will can import poser animations through Daz studio.

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.