PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor problem when using Maya...

Grgeon
01-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having problems using Maya 4.5PLE with two monitors...

I have Maya on my main monitor, and I want to drag certain window tools(ie. hypergraph, outliner, hypershade) to the second monitor.

Once I drag it over though, the window tools do not function. Maya is still working and everything, cause if I drag that window back to the main monitor, it works fine.

Can you please help me out with this?

It's a new PC.
Athlon xp 2100
512 ddr ram
Geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb 8xAGP

Monitor 1- Viewsonic 17" crt flat screen
Monitor 2- Sony Trinitron 17" crt tube.

Thanks for the help guys,
George

Gyan
01-25-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Grgeon

Once I drag it over though, the window tools do not function. Maya is still working and everything, cause if I drag that window back to the main monitor, it works fine.

Can you please help me out with this?

You didn't mention the operating system, dual display mode and utility you're using.

I suggest you try horizontal span mode. If you are, I'm at a loss.

My guesswork goes like this

1) You currently have two separate desktops.

2) Maya keeps track of windows by co-ordinates of the boundaries from a corner of the screen. So, if you click on an icon of NURBS sphere, Maya recieves the click and its co-ordinates. Checks what button/toolset is positioned there and proceeds accordingly.

3) When you move stuff over to other monitor and then click on them, the co-ordinates are negative or unintepretable by Maya.
Maya does nothing.

Span mode provides a consistent co-ordinate over both monitors. Should allow Maya to keep track of windows wherever they are.

Valkyrien
01-25-2003, 02:04 AM
If I'm right, your primary monitor is on the right. If that is the case, try switching to the left monitor for primary. FOr some reason there's sometimes a problem where windows can't understand a right-to-left configuration, so some things won't work:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.