PDA

View Full Version : qeustions that need answering

nebille
08-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi

Im looking to get a licencse for vue however i need a few qeustions answered before i do.

1. Is it possible to import cameras from other programmes such as max into veiw.

2. If not is there a way to match animation paths accurately

regards

Nebille

newtype311
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
There actually is a way:

When you get Vue it ships with a plugin for max, maya, LW, and C4d called Vue Sync. you just have to install this into your progrm of choice and run it (there are specific instructions in the form of a txt file for each program).

This plugin allows you to synchronize your cameras and your lights. you simply select the lights and cameras you want to synchronize and click the synchronize button. this creates an information packet that Vue automatically detects teh next time you open it, or maximize it if it is already open. Vue will ask you to accept the information.

then you must select the camera and click the animation options in the top right corner of the screen (looks like a box bouncing). this will take you to a pull down menu. select "synchronize" at the bottom of the list. then highlight the camera or light you want to sync with. the scale must then be changed to 1.0 as it is 10.0 by default. then you should be ready to go.

-this will also import any keyframes that are associated with the camera-
you can do the same thing with the lights but i wouldnt recomend it if only because the lights in vue are set specifcally for the atmosphere and they get crazy looking when you change them, but if you can still get the effect your looking for then by all means sync it.

Hope that helped.

IvanB
08-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Check this link... it might help with some info.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=387199

bsm3d
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi
1. Is it possible to import cameras from other programmes such as max into veiw.

Simply, yes with Max2Vue Sync free plugin.

swardson
09-08-2006, 06:00 AM
Is this true with Maya as well.... The reason I ask is because I think the guy I talked to at E-ON was either lying or an idiot.

First off, their website says the system requirements for the xStream pluggin for maya is support under Max OSX... nope doesnt exist, didnt find out until I went to buy. Ok, so I ask if its atleast possible to get light and camera data in and out of Vue for compositing purposes. He says, no, thats what xStream is for. Pooooo.

So, if getting camera data (even lighting data) in and out of Vue to Maya is possible, I still may buy the software.

Thanks all,

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.