PDA

View Full Version : low poly soldier

yuvalha
08-17-2006, 01:41 PM
This is the new soldier model for simulations on channel 10 news company in israel
by yuval hazan (3d animator & designer)

Dennispls
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Doesn't look that low poly to me
also i dont really like how the model is built

yuvalha
08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Doesn't look that low poly to me
also i dont really like how the model is built

what do u mean?
is there a better way 2 biuld a low poly model?

ts-falcon
08-17-2006, 03:38 PM
i think what Dennispls was meaning when he said he didnt like the way it was built was that the way the polygons are layed out are very grid like. very up and down. organic models should contain nice edgeloops and flow, to help deformation when animated. also this looks rather low poly for nowdays, i dunno what dennis was saying when he said doesnt look low poly to me...? anyways, looks alright textured but that seems a bit blurry. if you are using max, you could add an edit poly modifier ontop of the stack, and as long as you are cutting and tweackin edges you will retain your uv's from below. i duno about maya. but this really help refine a model that is nearly there. :D keep it up mate

Dennispls
08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
i think what Dennispls was meaning when he said he didnt like the way it was built was that the way the polygons are layed out are very grid like. very up and down. organic models should contain nice edgeloops and flow, to help deformation when animated. also this looks rather low poly for nowdays, i dunno what dennis was saying when he said doesnt look low poly to me...? anyways, looks alright textured but that seems a bit blurry. if you are using max, you could add an edit poly modifier ontop of the stack, and as long as you are cutting and tweackin edges you will retain your uv's from below. i duno about maya. but this really help refine a model that is nearly there. :D keep it up mate

You wrote what i wanted to say but i was at work and had to keep it short
and about the low polyness i might have been confused by the wires

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.