PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing Naming configuration

Googster
08-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Im using Maya to model my characters then export them into motionbuilder just recently im not sure why but motionbuilder wouldnt recognize the default naming, but that didnt bother me to much I just took couple extra minutes and set them to there correct spot but when I tried to sync up my character with a pre-saved skeleton that had animation already only the top half of the body synced while the bottom half remains still. I doubled check to make sure I set the bottom half names in the right area and everything seems to be right, has anyone else had this problem before? if so can you please tell me what im doing wrong? thanks!

Anssi
08-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi,
What method were you using when adding the animation? Story, Character Input, Drag and Drop on the skeleton, Merge?? Can't really what is wrong in your scene but little more information would help to guide you to an alternative method.
Anssi

Googster
08-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the response Anssi,

I never tried your way though I got kind of confused but the way I usually use is merging an animation already into scene, goto Navigator, under Character Settings Tab, Input Type > Character Input, Input Source > (Name of the Skeleton I merged into scene). After that for some odd reason only top portion of the body syncs up with the animation while the bottom portion stays still. Maybe I will try your method and see what comes of it.

EDIT: I figured it out it was because I rigged the two skeletons differently thats why Motionbuilder is having a hard time matching them together, do you have a way to fix this problem without me having to rig the skeleton over?

Anssi
08-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Hi,
I propably would look into Story. Make a character track ond import a animation file on that and the plot the whole scene on the Rig or Bones. Anssi

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2006, 06:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.