PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing Groups Pluggin?

deleted
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Ive been making a bit of cars for games lately and I was thinking that it would be great to have a plug-in that displayed in the viewport all of the smoothing groups by colors so it would be easy to see what polys where in each group. Hopefully something exists like that. Anybody know?

B

marktsang
08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
could be quite easily scripted i think, although i dont have time atm :)

mark

deleted
08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
could be quite easily scripted i think, although i dont have time atm :)

mark

Hmmm, well if it doesnt exist, then please do let me know when you have time :)

marktsang
08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
the one problem i would forsee with this is what about polys with more than one smoothing group - how do you handle what colour they are??

mark

deleted
08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
the one problem i would forsee with this is what about polys with more than one smoothing group - how do you handle what colour they are??

mark

Hmm, good question. If youre willing to work on the plug-in, Ill figure out a solution to that :)

deleted
08-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Well, I thought about it and the only thing that I could come up with is that if each poly has only has 2 smoothing groups, the poly is split on its hidden line and one color on each side with some sort of blending of the colors so you know its a single poly. I havent figured out what could be done if its a tri with 2 groups, lol.

marktsang
08-17-2006, 11:44 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind making the script when i have some free time, i was thinking of adding a checker map (face mapped) to the polys with two groups with the two colours in the slots

mark

deleted
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind making the script when i have some free time, i was thinking of adding a checker map (face mapped) to the polys with two groups with the two colours in the slots

mark

That could work just fine :)

Ant more than 2 groups and its unnessesary. Unless you have one complicated mesh, lol

RampanT
01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I'm also looking for a script/plugin that does this exact function.

marktsang - Did you ever get around to making this script?

Or does anyone else have a tool that can highlight all of the smoothing groups as colours?

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.