PDA

View Full Version : how to make a nice simple slow particle wiggle?

Russta
08-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi i've looked high and low for this answer, i am looking for a nice and simple way of using particle flow to make slow moving particles to just have a nice smooth wiggle motion to them as they rise. there must be a really basic solution out there for this! i need it for that magical touch :)
any help will be appriciated,
Thanks

Russta
08-16-2006, 11:13 AM
i tried using a modulating wind force but that makes them move more like a flock or as if they were underwater. i would like it if they moved more independently

CapitanRed
08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
you can applay a spawn operator, and increase the divergence. controle the motion of the particles direction with a speed operator, and use the wind only for the turbulence (force=0, only turbulence, scale with some values).
I hope i did understand you right, and could help:)

BrandonD
08-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Part of the problem is that there is no decoupled turbulence in MAX, it's always XYZ. To isolate turbulence along a certain axis, you can use a Drag SW and turn up the drag along the axes you don't want motion on.

superhypersam
08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Try better wind, it has noise controls for each axis

http://www.rpmanager.com/plugins/BetterWind.htm

cheers

SoLiTuDe
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
you can create a few split amount tests and connect those to different winds with different scales and such so that there are more groups that move a bit more independently and not with the whole group

Russta
08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
thanks a lot guys great help! the final thing looks really effective now :thumbsup:

mef
08-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't know if you want to go this route, but you can use Superspray and go to the 'Bubble Motion' rollout and have a lot of control there.

Marc

mackdadd
08-25-2006, 08:08 PM
right, marc! in fact, all the way down at the bottom of the parameter panel is a presets panel, and rising bubbles is in there! super easy! :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2006, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.