PDA

View Full Version : Help whit Modeling a Face of a Woman -[3DMax 8]-

ch3bastian
08-15-2006, 09:25 PM
DELETE THIS POST PLZ

corcoran3d
08-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I took a look at your model. She's a little rough right now. I painted on her to show you what to work on, hopefully it helps. Her chin seems to be drooping; you need to raise it up, which is painted on the image. Look at some profiles of people and notice how the ears, lips and nose line up. The tear ducts line up with the nostrils, the cracks of the lips line up with the center of the eyeball, and as I paint with yellow lines showing how the ears line up with both the nose and eyes. Look out for all the nonmanafold (faces w/ 5 or more edges) geometry that you have, it'll cause problems when you go to animate, I painted them with yellow circles. Notice the red line on the perspective. You should change you edge loops around the lips to come up to the nose.

DrFx
08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
You should have a photo reference of some cute woman, doing this kind of stuff by memory alone can be frustrating, especially if you don't have a solid anatomy foundation. Besides that, there's the issue of topology: the edge loops should follow the creases in a real face , like corcoran said(wrinkle lines, for example). Look at some good head models of the masters and see where their edges run! Good luck!

Waha
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
DrFX is very right about using photo referencing, you have to be quite good in modeling without any referencing, you might want to consider obtaining a profile and frontal view or a person just to help you in your modeling. But beware of following too close to the picture, just trust your eyes to get the perspective right

pap87
08-21-2006, 09:37 AM
For this kind of question you'll get much more help in the 3D WIP section.

Like everyone else said, reference is absolutely essential!

ch3bastian
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
So now im in Zbrush to make the face more real :D (i hope do that) but i dont know i missing some stuff i dont use very well this tool but i can handle it.

Right now i dont know what to do anyone can give me a hand what to do now.
i still work on the model? or i try to create the skin?..... (???) any help are welcome.

and another help i need is .... how i can create a good looking skin ??? using pohotoshop or zbrush ..... there is a tutorial how to create it step by step .....

tnx to all :D :D :D :D

newellteapot
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi!
it's looking good but I think you have to work on the proportions more.
From the net: "Traditional rules of proportion show the face divided into six equal squares, two by three. The upper horizontal division is roughly at the 'third eye' level mid-forehead, the lower at the base of the nose. The eyes sit on the horizontal centre, the mouth on the centre of the lower third."
get this book, you will love it:
Artistic Anatomy
by Dr Paul Richer

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.