PDA

View Full Version : NEW SUPERBOWL TRAILER FOR THE HULK!!!!

SheepFactory
01-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Aintitcoolnews to the rescue.

The Hulk looks pretty believable imho.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14285

Ali

Cikala
01-24-2003, 07:11 AM
AND the trailer!

Per-Anders
01-24-2003, 07:15 AM
looks pretty neat-o...
...but why the purple pants? is this some reference to him being in SF?

Gentle Fury
01-24-2003, 08:06 AM
ummmmm, i hope this is prelim stuff and not final....cuz the hulkster looks TERRIBLE in those pics!!!! Looks like he's made of freakin clay!!!!

if he looks that bad not moving......ughhhhh, im getting dreadful thoughts about the fate of this movie........please dont ruin the hulk!!!!!!!!!!

if you ruin the hulk i will get angry......you wouldnt like me when i get angrrrrRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SheepFactory
01-24-2003, 08:09 AM
gentle , you can watch the trailer there too.

Hulk looks pretty cool even in the low res crappy win media player straming trailer.

Hold your judgement until sunday , where we'll see the high res trailer.

lildragon
01-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory

Hold your judgement until sunday , where we'll see the high res trailer.

AMEN! HULK SMASH!!! gawd I can't wait to see this!

salud

red_oddity
01-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Hey...it has Jennifer Connelly in it??? I must see this movie...:love: :love: :love:

Oh...he,herrrrmmm...i mean...it has lots of CG fx in it??? imust see this movie...

vfx
01-24-2003, 11:29 AM
This looks great, the bit where he throws that truck - just takes me back to the videos that I got free with Hardee's meals. Great stuff. Can't wait

P.s. Anyone got this trailer in another format, I can't be ass'd to convert this to avi - Cheers!! My hd is waiting!!

Solesurvivor
01-24-2003, 12:01 PM
if i'm going to see the movie, it'll be for the lovely Jennifer Connely:love: , and not for the FX:)

MaDSheeP
01-24-2003, 12:26 PM
and don't forget about the next Matrix trailer durring the superbowl, it is supposed to be the longest yet, and probably the last one until it is released =)

steveblake
01-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Seems difficult to judge from the stills, though I've heard the work is superb - so, anyone know of a mirror to that clip's link ?? (It doesn't seem to work from here)

barley
01-24-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm hoping it was just the poor compression & quality of the video file, but the Hulk's CG looks very disappointing to me. At times it gives the impression of a minature or stop motion figure, there is a very plasticine look to his skin.

But like I said, hopefully, it's just the video quality, and I can't wait to see the full res article, seeing him flip that truck made me twinge in a nice way :)

Gamoron
01-24-2003, 05:09 PM
I think it may have been cut. ****!

FloydBishop
01-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Any mirrors out there? The link just hangs...

EnergyMan
01-24-2003, 05:20 PM
HULK SMASH SERVER.... :(

steveblake
01-24-2003, 05:22 PM
rats! too late...

Must

see

clip...

Grrr...

FloydBishop
01-24-2003, 05:56 PM
I found this:

http://www.classicwrestling.com/015_Hogan_Promo_30.mov

I don't know that it is the official trailer for Sunday though.

vfx
01-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Are u kidding? - You better be!!!

Hulk Hogan - Exactly what does that have to do with CG Hulk???????????

SheepFactory
01-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Hulk hogan is the mocap actor for the cg hulk.

vfx
01-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Okay didn't know that - but still the question stands what has this hulk hogan clip gotta do with this post???

P.s. Why use an old, wwf wrestler to imitate a fast and powerful Hulk?? I know I wouldn't want to watch that old farts moves ( respect to those who like him).

wmendez
01-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
Hulk hogan is the mocap actor for the cg hulk.

Sheep is that a true fact?

SheepFactory
01-24-2003, 06:51 PM
of course not :p

wmendez
01-24-2003, 06:54 PM
LOL

FloydBishop
01-24-2003, 06:55 PM
C'mon guys... where's everyone's sense of humor?

:shame:

Actually, the animators probably looked at a lot of reference of the biggest, most muscular people they could find to help them work out the movements of the CG Hulk. I wouldn't be suprised if Hulk Hogan isn't mixed in there a little bit somewhere.

Either way, Hulkamania will be runnin' wild, brother!

Gentle Fury
01-24-2003, 07:06 PM
hey man, the hulkster lives like 10 mins from me.....lol

he goes to the mall near my house sometimes, and he even was at the local go kart place when my lil brother had his b-day party........lol........we kicked his butt on the go karts!!!!!

Sieb
01-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Yea... we just hosed their server.. pimp... So is ours... arg.. server busy.. I thought this was fixed with the new box?

FloydBishop
01-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Ok, ok. Sorry for that last one.

Here's a link to the green man you've all been wanting to see...

http://www.3pm.ca/media/hulk.rm

Sieb
01-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Heres another:

http://superherohype.com (http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1043430241,82458,)

FloydBishop
01-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Sieb
Heres another:

http://superherohype.com (http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1043430241,82458,)

I tip my Hulkamania bandana to you sir... I had been looking for a legit mirror for the better part of the afternoon.

eliseu gouveia
01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Jenny looks simply DIVINE! :)

Oh, and the Hulkster too :)

Gentle Fury
01-25-2003, 12:08 AM
ok, well thanx for the mirror.....finally got to see the damn thing...and i have to say after seeing it move.......he looks like a big guy in a really bad latex suit! Doesnt look at all like flesh! I think they need to get with weta on their SSS technique they used for gollum.......cuz right now The Hulk is looking like one of those guys that walks around Universal Studios in a big latex costume................really hope thats all worked out come screening time :(

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

TuLe
01-25-2003, 02:10 AM
The link for the trailler is dead! Does someone saved it? If so please re-link it here so other's can see it!
Well sunday is already here... There will be the high resolution coming... YEAH

Thanks

Indolent
01-25-2003, 02:32 AM
Have you guys seen these sweet higher res stills, yet? :buttrock:

http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk1.jpg
http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk2.jpg
http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk3.jpg

Here's a link to the trailer, TuLe: http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/video/hulk_tv_300k_wmv.asx hope it works...

Gentle Fury
01-25-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Indolent
Have you guys seen these sweet higher res stills, yet? :buttrock:

http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk1.jpg
http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk2.jpg
http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/sbhulk3.jpg

Here's a link to the trailer, TuLe: http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/video/hulk_tv_300k_wmv.asx hope it works...

looks cool, but he still looks like a toy

and why does it look like there is a NASTY seem where his neck and shoulders meet????

Indolent
01-25-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Gentle Fury
and why does it look like there is a NASTY seem where his neck and shoulders meet????

That looks like a scar, to me.

Here, check this out...

http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/fleshhulk.jpg

Still look like a toy? I think the green really throws people off. They just aren't used to seeing that kinda fleshtone. All I did was change the hue, in photoshop. I think they did as well as anyone could do, with a character like hulk. Looks excellent, to me.

SheepFactory
01-25-2003, 03:36 AM
Excellent!!! :eek:

Gentle Fury
01-25-2003, 04:21 AM
That looks like a scar, to me.

Here, check this out...

http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/fleshhulk.jpg

Still look like a toy? I think the green really throws people off. They just aren't used to seeing that kinda fleshtone. All I did was change the hue, in photoshop. I think they did as well as anyone could do, with a character like hulk. Looks excellent, to me.

actually the toy comment wasnt directed at that pic......it was all the full body shots........his proportions just look to me like a toy.........MUCH too large fingers in comparrison to his legs....and his body just looks more like plastic than flesh.

ThatGuy
01-25-2003, 04:43 AM
damn the hulk is the man but hes lookin like a toy as quoted by
gentle fury . well Ill still see it cause hes cool .
I read this is supposed to be the most advanced CG character from ILM , i dunno its not lookin like it at all :hmm:
theres still hope though . :)

gnarlycranium
01-25-2003, 05:15 AM
I think the green really throws people off.

That's for sure. He's... so very... very, very, very, VERY... greeeeeeeen !! :surprised And I thought his skin looked funny in the old show..

GRMac13
01-25-2003, 08:31 AM
actually the toy comment wasnt directed at that pic......it was all the full body shots........his proportions just look to me like a toy.........MUCH too large fingers in comparrison to his legs....and his body just looks more like plastic than flesh.

His proportions look fine to me. In fact, I'd say they are pretty much identical to the proportions of the character in the comics. He's a mutant, for cryin out loud. His hands and feet are HUGE in the comic, so I think they did a great job on the design. IN fact, IMO the HULK is the most faithful translation (as far as char. design) that I've seen in a film based on a comic. It looks like he stepped off the page onto the screen.

I do agree about the skin not looking "real", but I def agree with Indolent that it has alot to do with the skintone being green. I think with using too much SSS, the lighting may have made the skin appear to "glow" green, and may have been more of a distraction. Still, I think at its worst it just looks like a guy wearing green paint on his skin. Nice job, ILM.

GRMac13
01-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by mdme_sadie
looks pretty neat-o...
...but why the purple pants? is this some reference to him being in SF?

lol, they really did want to keep it true to the comic with the purple pants AND purple hair.

Still, I never got how Banner turned into this tremendous creature and somehow his pants just got a little torn, but didn't rip off like his shirt. What are they, some sort of superstrong spandex? Although, it's all the better, imagine a nekkid Hulk running around SF! People could get killed at random if certain things weren't uh...secured.

vfx
01-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Um, can I just ask as no one yet has..... Where did these stills come from, has someone got a link to a higher res trailer???

P.s. He looks incredible, don't forget guys these are unnatural chracters for heavens sake - their characters with super powers!! You ever seen a green guy walk down the street before and crush a car?!!?

Love the wrinkles around the top half of his nose that lead to his eye. Excellent.

TuLe
01-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Here's a link to the trailer, TuLe: http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/v...tv_300k_wmv.asx hope it works...

Indolent thanks a lot man... You made me a happy person this morning...!

About the Hulk proportions i just got have to say... CHECK THE COMICS!!! They are just right... Big hands and fingers...
hehehehe.... I think Hulk will rocks this season!

Indolent
01-25-2003, 02:50 PM
vfx: Those stills came from http://www.superherohype.com Apparently, the stills were released by Universal. The pics that I posted were from yesterday and Universal just announced that those pics' color is off. The corrected pics are on the site, just follow the links. They aren't from any trailer that's available, right now. I'm guessin' after the superbowl, we'll get treated to a hi-res quicktime of it.

TuLe: No prob, man. Glad I could help you out.

I agree with what other people have been saying about how The Hulk's translation to the screen couldn't have been better. He's isntantly recognizable as the same Hulk I see in the comics. ILM really did a beautiful job, although whether he'll be a better CG character than Gollum remains to be seen. Gollum just plain kicked ass. It looks like Hulk is going to, as well, both visually AND literally! :buttrock: I can't wait.

Chewey
01-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Cool links Indolent. Thanks!
:cool:

belail
01-27-2003, 12:09 AM
Proper downloadable version now available: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_hulk/superbowl/

kraal
01-27-2003, 03:26 AM
my turn.....first i wanna say the Hulk hogan joke was FUNNY!!!!!....now for everyone complaining about the special effects and character animation does anyone remember the spiderman trailers...it looked horrible....as for the hulk it looks fun i have read the comics forever and this hulk reminds me of when John Byrne was creating it and ang lee wont let us down

Gentle Fury
01-27-2003, 04:14 AM
ok, i never said anything about its accuracy to the comics......im talking about aesthetics in reality!

what works in the comix does not always work on the screen.

i still say he looks like an action figure :)

GRMac13
01-27-2003, 04:34 AM
ok, i never said anything about its accuracy to the comics......im talking about aesthetics in reality!

what works in the comix does not always work on the screen.

i still say he looks like an action figure :)

Well it is a movie based on a comic. That's what the Hulk is supposed look like, and it's what the fans expect. Would you rather see Lou Ferigno reprise his role?* No thanx...bring on the action figures!

*No offense, Lou.

gnarlycranium
01-27-2003, 05:01 AM
Um... well... it looks okay... but that shot of him throwing the tank at the end is just plain cartoony. And no, I don't mean comic book-y, I mean cartoony. Like, bring in Tom and Jerry. :hmm:

Gentle Fury
01-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by GRMac13
Well it is a movie based on a comic. That's what the Hulk is supposed look like, and it's what the fans expect. Would you rather see Lou Ferigno reprise his role?* No thanx...bring on the action figures!

*No offense, Lou.

no, it's more like how they put the X-Men in leather suits instead of their regular cheesy spandex........the original look just would have been so....................well, i dont even wanna think about it ;)

sometimes it is a good thing to make changes to accomidate what something would look like in the real world

GRMac13
01-27-2003, 06:16 AM
no, it's more like how they put the X-Men in leather suits instead of their regular cheesy spandex........the original look just would have been so....................well, i dont even wanna think about it ;)

sometimes it is a good thing to make changes to accomidate what something would look like in the real world

I agree about the X-Men thing (although comic book guy would strongly disagree). But we're talking the HULK here. He's not wearing any costume, he's a monster. His proportions are the source of his strength, his hands are his weapons. To try and give him anatomically correct proportions is like giving Wolverine a set of steak knives in lieu of his claws.

Besides, who's to say that those proportions are incorrect in the "real world" (incidentally, we are talking about the "movie world" here, but I'll humor the idea). How many mild-mannered scientists who were transformed by Gamma rays into hulking green ubermen have you seen in the "real world"?

Gentle Fury
01-27-2003, 06:22 AM
I agree about the X-Men thing (although comic book guy would strongly disagree). But we're talking the HULK here. He's not wearing any costume, he's a monster. His proportions are the source of his strength, his hands are his weapons. To try and give him anatomically correct proportions is like giving Wolverine a set of steak knives in lieu of his claws.

Besides, who's to say that those proportions are incorrect in the "real world" (incidentally, we are talking about the "movie world" here, but I'll humor the idea). How many mild-mannered scientists who were transformed by Gamma rays into hulking green ubermen have you seen in the "real world"?

right but im talking aesthetics here......when i see him i think....that doesnt belong......reminds me of an old stop motion movie.....i mean you just knew they were made of plastic....even thought they were the right size and technically fit in the world, they just didnt seem to belong in the frame. and i think the good ole hulk is suffering from that same effect......looks like that took on of the old toys from the 80's and composited it into the scene.

just saying it doesnt please my eye......with something like gollum you can just look and say....wow, he really fits in that world....but these images just dont make me feel that way.....and as soon as the viewer doesnt feel right about how well it belongs the more they are ripped out of the experience.

a good example of this is.......i went to a friends house to watch the superbowl......his mom had seen the trailer....and she said.....he would look good if it was a cartoon...but he just doesnt look right to me......and this is coming from someone that has NO idea what goes into making a movie....she just looked at it and said....looks fake.....looks like a cartoon. And i believe that is what most average viewers are also going to think.

And im sorry, based on that trailer this looks like the story is going to be of saturday morning caliber.......boom...hulk smash things......boom.....hulk throw things......boom......hulk smash more things...........doesnt look like its going to be a very interesting film ;)

GRMac13
01-27-2003, 06:34 AM
a good example of this is.......i went to a friends house to watch the superbowl......his mom had seen the trailer....and she said.....he would look good if it was a cartoon...but he just doesnt look right to me......and this is coming from someone that has NO idea what goes into making a movie....she just looked at it and said....looks fake.....looks like a cartoon. And i believe that is what most average viewers are also going to think.

Well aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. Everyone at the Super Bowl party I was at thought Hulk looked great, and none of them are involved in the film industry (nor are they fans of the comic). It's just a question of preference, I guess. Personally, I think they did a great job with him. I think that average viewers will definately buy into the film.

And im sorry, based on that trailer this looks like the story is going to be of saturday morning caliber.......boom...hulk smash things......boom.....hulk throw things......boom......hulk smash more things...........doesnt look like its going to be a very interesting film ;)

Well, that's all Hulk really does, isn't it? Smash, throw things, break out of walls, it's all classic Hulk. However, I disagree about the story being some re-hashed Saturday morning cartoon. Ang Lee is a much better director than that, he said in a press conference that his goal with making the film was to focus on the story of how Bruce Banner confronts the Hulk, and the struggle between them. Sounds a bit more complex than "HULK, SMASH!" if you ask me. ;)

Gentle Fury
01-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Well aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. Everyone at the Super Bowl party I was at thought Hulk looked great, and none of them are involved in the film industry (nor are they fans of the comic). It's just a question of preference, I guess. Personally, I think they did a great job with him. I think that average viewers will definately buy into the film.

Well, that's all Hulk really does, isn't it? Smash, throw things, break out of walls, it's all classic Hulk. However, I disagree about the story being some re-hashed Saturday morning cartoon. Ang Lee is a much better director than that, he said in a press conference that his goal with making the film was to focus on the story of how Bruce Banner confronts the Hulk, and the struggle between them. Sounds a bit more complex than "HULK, SMASH!" if you ask me. ;)

i really hope so..........Ang Lee is the only reason i have some high hopes for this film.....hopefully the trailer was for just what you said....the masses.

Look at the crouching tiger hidden dragon trailer (well the american one at least) it was basically all the cool action scenes and not much else :)

im really hoping the best for this movie....im just judging what i saw by what they wanted me to see....and from what i saw, im not impressed..............but who knows it could end up being really good.......i really hope it does!

Cogliostros
01-27-2003, 07:28 AM
Did anyone notice the scene from "body story" ???

The micro bio sequences are from "Body Story" I first saw the animation at 2001 Siggraph, as it was for a series on Discovery a couple years ago, amazing animation, fat, blood cells, synaps, allergies, sperm, eggs, etc...

Anyway the Moving Picture Company did the animation using renderman... great work to check out if you havent...

http://www.techimage.co.uk/tc/gallery/body_story/mp/4.html#

:hmm: interesting...

zzzrByte
01-27-2003, 12:44 PM
If you want direct links to download the trailer to your computer, you can get it at:
http://www.jurassicpunk.com/movies/thehulk.shtml

And direct links to download the new Matrix trailer are also up on the Jurassic Punk, here:
http://www.jurassicpunk.com/movies/matrixreloaded.shtml

kraal
01-27-2003, 01:56 PM
just a note about the look of the hulk...it is just going to look not right because it is something we have never scene...just like the jump scenes in the matrix the are technically correct just look wrong cause it is something we have not seen......and about that tank scene i remember seeing that in early development i think they just kept that in for the brute strenth showing of the hulk....the was also an early scene of the hulk claping his hands and knocking a helicopter out the sky......like i said earliers the effects shots do look strange but computers have not gotten to the realism that a lot of people seem to be expecting(remember final fantasy no mater how detailed the character were they still looked wrong)

anieves
01-28-2003, 01:25 PM
The thing is that after The Two Towers everybody is going to be expecting the Hulk to be in the same caliber as Gollum.

I think that the superbowl trailer should have been edited better. There are some shots that upon better inspection you can tell they are by no means "finished" shots check out the attached image. Folks, this is an FPO Hulk.http://www.motionblurstudio.com/WIP/hulk_fpo.jpg

Airflow
01-29-2003, 03:55 AM
looks good to me... hell I wouldnot wanna fight him, even if I had a stealth bomber....

The Cross
02-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Maybe the reason he's so mad is because his pants are too tight, and he can't remove them cause his fingers are too thick, and his nukular stomach acids is causing sevear Diorea ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.