PDA

View Full Version : neon light under a car

stolmann
08-15-2006, 11:56 AM
hello everyone. I am making a car and i wonder if somebody knows how i can make a Neon light under my car!?

thanks for answering

PsychoSilence
08-15-2006, 12:24 PM
do you mean how to MODEL neon light or how the SHADER should be build?

the shader should have a selfilluminated material.

just in case you use VRay simply create a self illuminated material and wrap it with the VRay materialwrapper. inside the wrapper increase the GI generation to 5 or even higher and it´s done...assign this material to any object thats underneath your car...

cheers

anselm

stolmann
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
can you please tell me step by step how I do it, because i am not so god in 3dsmax. And I am not using v-ray.

othoap
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Go to http://jeffpatton.net/Max7/index.html find “GlowGlair” click on the glowing tea pot thumb nail. Then click on the “image” tag bottom left and the tab will revile the files. Download the “DOWNLOAD” Then download and install the Mental Ray.mat, right below the catalog.

With the CGTalk_MR installed open the MR-glow-test scene file and reverse engineer the setup for your needs.

Then BOW and THANK JEFF PATTON for his HARD WORK and BRILLIANCE.

This will up you render time, but if your doing cars you should be using some form ray tracing like Mental Ray anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.