PDA

View Full Version : I wonder... if someone can help me

darkdreams
08-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi, Is there a way to put a movie file like a texture in Vue, just like in 3d max?

Caine777
08-15-2006, 04:18 AM
Yes. You can do this in two ways, either by having a series of stillimages that make up the animation and importing the first one, for example "frame001.tga" (or .jpg, .bmp etc.) as a texture. Vue will notice that it's the first image in a sequence, and will ask if it should load the rest of the sequence as well.

Or, you can load an .avi file as a texture, but it has to be an uncompressed avi. If your avi is not uncompressed you will have to use some tool to extract the individual frames from the movie and either import them as textures, or re-encoding them as an uncompressed avi.

Good luck! :)

darkdreams
08-15-2006, 06:34 AM
I made an avi in 3d max, but don't know how to do it uncompressed, can you tell me how?

:shrug:

Caine777
08-15-2006, 07:27 AM
I made an avi in 3d max, but don't know how to do it uncompressed, can you tell me how?

:shrug:
Use one of the many video converters (there are several free program, just google "video convert" and you'll find some) to convert your animation to an uncompressed avi or individual frames. I think that's the easiest way.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2006, 07:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.