PDA

View Full Version : Big Inkjet Mishap !!!

singularity2006
01-24-2003, 05:04 AM
aaaah stupid stupid inkjet printer!! okay, so my epson C80 was printing something but i forgot to set the right paper size and now it created a PHAT pool of BLACK ink (the printout was in full black) on one side of my printer (the side where the 8.5 x 11 page should have been but wasn't cuz i was using a diff size paper).... now all the pages that feed out have the nastiest black stain... aCCK!!!!!!!

any ideas on how to clean it?? And any ideas what the long term impact of such a spill is?! =X

jsh3d
01-24-2003, 05:12 AM
I've had this problem before, but I'm afreaid that I have no idea how to fix it.

I feel your pain, though. Inkjets suck, IMO :shame:. Too bad they're the only thing that you can get to print color without it being too expensive.

-Jsh3d

Dearmad
01-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Buy something other an epson- at $90 a pop, a new printer shouldn't set you back much at all. It's the ink carts that do it-

Epsons are such junk- my old one caused me no end of misery and was noisy as hell too!

I feel for you.:thumbsdow

danhua76
01-24-2003, 10:07 PM
http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

here, go to this site. they should have something that will help you.

Valkyrien
01-25-2003, 02:06 AM
get a real printer ;) :D

I've always had problems with Epson products, i just find them to be rather lacking in many departments:)

GregHess
01-25-2003, 03:37 AM
I've had exactly the opposite experience with epsons. I've found them to problem free, fast, and absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I've seen that even comes remotely close to the 1280 Stylus Photo in print quality is canon's s9000 jobber. And even then its debatable which has the better color.

gabe28
01-25-2003, 05:02 AM
I've always had great luck with Epsons. I just bought a new scanner/printer/copier thing from Epson and so far I love it. As always, the image quality is great.

As for injets in general, I don't think their crap at all. I love being able to print high quality prints on a printer that cost less than a hundred dollars. Color laser printers cost many times more but deliver inferior images. They're faster than inkjets but speed is not an issue for me.

Cheers
01-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I've used an Epson in different forms, for about three years and found them to be totally reliable. Feature wise, I have have found them to be well worth the money, although if I do have one gripe concerning my latest printer, it would be that the driver software now seems a bit outdated IMHO.

Cheers

Valkyrien
01-25-2003, 10:23 PM
ok, maybe i should explain by way of a comparison to HP printers.

Epson: slower, louder, inferior quality, and generally take a few minutes to start up

HP: Fast, quiet, superior quality, and quick startup

now of course this is all in my own experience, others may not have noticed. But one thing that's a plus, is I can print things out on my HP while my roommate is sleeping and not wake him up. And that's ALWAYS a plus;)

GregHess
01-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Valk,

Which epson models have you used?

Here's how I'd rate the two.

Epson: Fast, Quiet, Best Print Quality Available at the Consumer Level.

HP: Buggy, Poor print reproduction, issues with USB/PPort communication. About the same noise level, if not louder. (Epson 1280 vs HP 1220C). Inability to do perfect 13x19 borderless.

I guess we've both had similar experiences, but with opposite company's.

Valkyrien
01-26-2003, 03:14 AM
I'm comparing Epson's Color 640 and 980 to HP's DeskJet 960C

oh, and another thing to mention is size. the epson 980 is huge, and doesn't offer any more than a couple inches above normal page width.

singularity2006
01-26-2003, 05:34 AM
I agree w/ Greg on that one. I've never had a problem w/ my epsons. The Epson C series of printers virtually eliminated all the problems mentioned. No warm up time, silent running, individual ink cartridges, and fast USB recognition and communication. I've had more than too many problems w/ the HP PhotoSmart P1000 and P1100 ... mostly USB issues ... very buggy indeed. My printer still works great (The C80)... i just have this stupid pool of black ink where the paper should have been during print but wasn't.... I guess I'll just have to print a couple term papers until most of the ink smears disappear or dry from the paper feeder....

But yah... C82... I want.... but no money... >.<

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.