PDA

View Full Version : Installing mental ray - wierd file name

caulfield
01-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Just wondering what to do with this mrfm file I've downloaded. The installation how-to tells me to look for mental_ray_for_Maya-1.5-win32.exe , but the file I downloaded from AW.com is called support_download.jhtml

i don't know if this is just my wonderful Mac renaming files willy nilly, or god knows what else. But the file is the right size, that being 9mb.

I've got to take the file from where it is and install it on my windows machine, so it's the windows version I'm talking about here.

Has anyone else had any issues with this?

singularity2006
01-24-2003, 06:07 AM
oh, u need to go redownload that file ... but instead of doing a "save as" just do a click on that link and it'll forward u to a new page where it'll give u the ACTUAL file... a lot of sites make it so u can't just "save as" but gotta go thrhough a few extra steps to get to the actual file...

caulfield
01-24-2003, 11:09 AM
I tried that, but my silly mac just doesn't want to help me out. No matter how I try to download it, I still get the support_download.jhtml

I know the eventual file name is mental_ray_for_Maya-1.5-win32.exe, but when I tried changing the name to that on my PC, it was unable to work.

On the site it says it's self extracting, but maybe it's another extension before it gets to be an exe? Could it be a zip? rar?

If anyone out there has downloaded this file, I'd really appreciate some help finding out what it was originaly called. And evem better, it would be great if I coud find out the exact file size. that way, I might be able to tell if the file I downloaded was incomplete.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.