PDA

View Full Version : Leg chain with 2 leg joints

alec.tron
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Hello,
maybe someone has had to setup one or those and found a way to do so with the MB Rig. I have a character with standard naming conventions but with a 4 joint leg chain with 2 knee joints. The first is named LeftLeg is a standard knee / hinge joint and functions as it should, the second though is LeftLeg1 and is an inverted knee or a hovering foot/ankle joint. But since I want the foot with the Floorcontact, which is actually the ToeBase, to behave like a foot within the rig I used the namings described above.
Now I tried about with the rig, but the only thing I could achieve was to define the LeftLeg1 as a RollJoint via the extraction, but since it s defined as a roll joint by that, the only axis that gets animated is the aim/roll axis obviously. What I m looking for is a way to define the LeftLeg1 as a hinge so the movements coming from the LeftAnkleEffector get solved like they would on a normal 2/3 Joint IK chain between Knee & Foot. I guess the attached image describes it better than I can. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, please post them.
Thanks in advance,
c.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.