PDA

View Full Version : help with missing manipulation tool

blade95uk
08-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Ok so Im an animtion student and I have like asked all my fellow students and they have no idea, so now it the people of cg talk who can only help me out...so heres the story

I am modeling in maya 7 and when i want to extrude a face the manipulation tool that allows me to move, scale and rotate the face all in one is no longer there...which is a real pain if any of you know when your modeling, now i can still extrude the face out and change it but i have to keep changing from w,e,r and thats no fun.

so plz if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it can they plz tell me. also if they know how to restore all the setting to default on maya 7 that will prob work too.

I tried reinstalling maya and that didnt fix it

i also tired double clicking on the tool itself and nothing comes up:S

and also in windows, pref and then tool selection it just says show manipulation tool but i am unable to click that option (i just think its a little picture)

so yer fellow model people...lend me your power!

thanks for any help

anjali
08-16-2006, 12:55 PM
hey i faced a similar problem when i started practicing maya, what i had done was reduce the size of the manipulator by mistake...............................................what i wasnt aware was that the plus and minus sign buttons on the keyboard increase and decrease the manipulator size............................................ try it...........hope it helps u ...........................................

blade95uk
08-16-2006, 01:12 PM
My Documents/maya/7.0/prefs/userPrefs.mel

this is what you guys need if you have the same problem, i also thought it was the +,- keys but it was like it wasnt there at all...so all u have to do is go to

My Documents/maya/7.0/prefs/userPrefs.mel and just delete userprefs.mel and everything should be back to normal, one tiny drawback is that you loose everything in ur custom tab but as that can be easily put back to how it was its all good.

:D hope this solves anyones problems who comes across the same kinda thing

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2006, 01:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.