PDA

View Full Version : Loading my comp is taking forever

zeb
08-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey Guys

I'm working on a comp with tons of loaders and savers in order to convert a lot of shots from jpg sequence to avi...

but for some reason the comp is taking forever to load, also duplicating any savers ( avi) is taking about 20 seconds... ANybody ran into that issue before ?

I know it can come from the network I;m working on, but if not please let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks

davezak
08-13-2006, 11:50 PM
new computer!! :P

hmm well what program are you doing this with?? do you want the final movie to be the same high res as your jpegs? can you sacrifice some quality and size for smaller smoother running video?.

what about converting .png files to quicktime. (what i have found to be best)
jpegs arnt the #1 choise for video.

davezak
08-13-2006, 11:50 PM
new computer!! :P

hmm well what program are you doing this with?? do you want the final movie to be the same high res as your jpegs? can you sacrifice some quality and size for smaller smoother running video?.

what about converting .png files to quicktime. (what i have found to be best)
jpegs arnt the #1 choise for video.

more info!?

zeb
08-14-2006, 12:27 AM
We're outputting jpg files for every shot we're doing ( it will be tiff 16 bits later in HD ) but for now I just need to convert all those jpg sequence to Avi ...
It's meant for preview and art direction checking.
I'm doing a resize of the frames to make Broadcast avi ( jpg are half HD res), that's why I'm doing that with Fusion.

And our computer are monsters here so this is not related to the perf... It looks like Fusion is looking every saver for the AVI and loading I/O settings for every single savers...

any thoughts?

SalaTar
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
I get stalls with some avi codecs loaded on some compters..

goto prefs on a new comp, click on I/O avi.
Does it stall?
If so you have a codec issue.

also do you have the En Var Fusion_DV on?
Not only does it enable dv out it lets Direct show format loder/savers sorta work.

zeb
08-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Yup it stalls also in the preferences when I go to th I/O
En Var Fusion_DV ...you mean in the system panel to add that environment variable just like that ?

I did but it's not fixing my problem :(

SalaTar
08-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Remove en var if its there, reboot.

Use analog X :

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/dxman.htm (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/dxman.htm)

See if you have some missing codecís (no: in exist)

Your mileage may vary....

I would just load a machine with a new load of XP spk2 and see if it does it...

BTW eyeon support mail is offline and they are asking to do phone calls right now

zeb
08-15-2006, 04:26 AM
too late to remove the env variable ( IT are gone at this time and I'm not admin on my box) and run the test with DXMan ( which is not working but the process is loaded in the task manager)
But I tried at home and I have the same issue.... you can try on your computer, just load a blank scene create a saver to avi, it;s slow, and if you try to copy paste it it takes about 20 seconds.

In direct show format it seems to be a lot better. But I still have no control over the option ( data rate etc ... ) I can change them but the file saved stay the same. Not cool but it might be enough for me to create avi previews.

I guess you;re right about codec issue.

izyk
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
We believe we have found the cause of this problem now. It seems we are overtesting some AVI codecs. The problem has been corrected for the upcoming Fusion 5.1

Jozvex
08-22-2006, 03:15 AM
Great news, this is one of my main issues at the moment too.

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2006, 03:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.